PROBLEMS WITH GP4 Master

Posted by guconrado 
PROBLEMS WITH GP4 Master
Date: April 07, 2009 11:14PM
Posted by: guconrado
GP4 MASTER just doesn't seem to find correct the gp4 path...It's c:program files/infogrames/gp4....and after "GP4.exe....but after just apears an errors message.... acn anyone help me....I allready installed the official patch 9.6, decrypted no cd version 1.0 (and 1.2) and the gpxpatch, but the gp4 master won't work no way....

Please help me edit my gp4 to 2009 season...

Thank's a lot anyone
Re: PROBLEMS WITH GP4 Master
Date: April 08, 2009 03:39PM
Posted by: Romeo
guconrado schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP4 MASTER just doesn't seem to find correct the
> gp4 path...It's c:program
> files/infogrames/gp4....and after "GP4.exe....but
> after just apears an errors message.... acn anyone
> help me....I allready installed the official patch
> 9.6, decrypted no cd version 1.0 (and 1.2) and the
> gpxpatch, but the gp4 master won't work no
> way....
>
>
> Please help me edit my gp4 to 2009 season...
>
> Thank's a lot anyone

Dit you use the option menu in GP4 Master to select the correct GP4 directory?
Date: April 08, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: NaP
Hi,

I've encountered the same problem. When starting it say's 'invalid GP4 path, need a decrypted GP.exe (size 6250496)' in the list no GP.exe file is highlighted. So it say's: cannot run without specific GP4-path.

What can it be, while I can run GPx without a cd and checked all the GP.exe files (even made a fresh install)?

Cannot use the option menu because it simply won't start.
Date: April 08, 2009 08:42PM
Posted by: neilcaine
If you've re-installed the game, have you started it up and then saved on exiting the game to create a gpsave file - it might help, i'm not sure but some editing programmes need you to do that first
Date: April 08, 2009 09:32PM
Tried it but it doesn't make a difference (mostly saving my progress). thanks
Date: April 08, 2009 09:52PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Anyway GP4 Master is no more a good solution to edit GP4 as it was designed for earliest version of the game.
Tools like CSM, GP4 Tweaker or TeamEditor will offer you more possibilities with few or no troubles at all.

Date: April 09, 2009 12:15AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Lo2k @ I would disagree .. I still use GP4Master and it works to perfection for me. Have never been any problem and have always worked as it should. For me however, CSM was crap. tested it 3 times, made me reinstall the hole game everytime for various reasons like game not starting, white cars that could not be solved (happened twice)

Im much happier with GP4Master and when I want to change anything in my cars.wad like NT liveries etc. its very easy and I can put wich downloaded files I want in there

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: April 09, 2009 07:56PM
Hmm I'm confused, what tools should I use (what's recommended)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy