Windows XP Proffesional

Posted by knuckles 
Windows XP Proffesional
Date: August 12, 2002 02:26AM
Posted by: knuckles
Can somebody please help me, or at least provide some information.
Is there a patch or something available to allow me to run the MS sidewinder force-feedback wheel on Windows XP Professional. I have just bought GP4 after years of toiling with GP3, and at the moment it is very hard to have the game just staring back at me with those superb graphics. I had a go at keyboard but it was ridiculous. I had Win98, but my fiance had to upgrade the old computer for work and now all my faves are unplayable because of this sidewinder glitch.
So if anyone knows anything about this, please, please, pleeeease help.
Thanx

plug it in and drive!
Date: August 12, 2002 02:55AM
Posted by: iek
Sorry but my sidewinder force feedback wheel works okay in windows xp professional. You shouldn't use the drivers from the cd though. Really all I had to do was plug it in the usb port and it worked!

Igor
Re: Windows XP Proffesional
Date: August 12, 2002 05:05AM
Posted by: mortal
Have a look at the system properties for the usb hub and make sure that it exists, check the usb port with a known working device such as a usb camera or usb scanner etc. Visit the Sidewinder site and check if xp drivers are available, Igor is correct, it should not need drivers and can be hot plugged as well. Check the directx with dxdiag and see if the device exists in the input profile, check system properties for a HID compliant controller, see if the registry keys for the device driver vxd's exist as well. I'm surprised that gp4 runs on xp, I had no end of trouble with it and have since restored win98se just to be able to play. Good luck ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I think...
Date: August 12, 2002 07:27AM
Posted by: StezTheSkinhead
He's probably got the Gameport Wheel, not the USB version. I've got the original gameport wheel & it works fine with XP Pro but you cant install the Sidewinder version 3 software! No big loss though

1.4ghz Thunderbird @1.5ghz
512meg Ram,
Original GF3 @220/500
Hansol 920 19&quot; Monitor
16X DVD Rom
24X10X40 CD-Rewriter
Audigy
30 &amp; 82gig Hard drives
Networked with the kids 2 PC's :-)
Re: I think...
Date: August 12, 2002 09:23AM
Posted by: Timm
Gasp!!

Another Rams fan!!

Up we go

Re: Windows XP Proffesional
Date: August 12, 2002 12:30PM
Posted by: Ellis
Shouldnt u try pluging it in before turning the comp on and XP will automaticly install drivers cos its a M$ product? I found that with my stuff, even non M$ items

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: I think...
Date: August 13, 2002 01:40PM
Posted by: StezTheSkinhead
I hope so these season tickets ain't exactly cheap especially when some of the kids want them as well :-) Mind you at this moment in time we are losing 1-0 to Gillingham! Bast

1.4ghz Thunderbird @1.5ghz
512meg Ram,
Original GF3 @220/500
Hansol 920 19&quot; Monitor
16X DVD Rom
24X10X40 CD-Rewriter
Audigy
30 &amp; 82gig Hard drives
Networked with the kids 2 PC's :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy