tarmac looks strange

Posted by iek 
tarmac looks strange
Date: August 08, 2002 02:54PM
Posted by: iek
Hi all,

I just bought an asus geforce 4 ti 4200 on my 933mhz pc with windows xp installed and to be honest: I think the peformance is not what it should be. I only get modest improvement if I compare it to my last card: a geforce 2 mx.
But what really sucks is that the tarmac is looking very strange. It's switching constantly in colors and sometimes a yellow line appears and suddenly disappears. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I first installed the asus driver, and after that I installed the new nvidia driver from the nvidia site.

So, anyone any suggestions?

Igor
Re: tarmac looks strange
Date: August 08, 2002 04:11PM
Posted by: Vader
forget the oficial asus drivers. Use the latest (certified) detonator drivers for your gforce.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 08, 2002 06:19PM
Posted by: mczepp
GP4 is a cpu killer, so changing graphics card doesn't make as much of a difference as you would think it would
Date: August 08, 2002 06:25PM
Posted by: LS.
yeah agreed

my friend has just had a new PC built and i took GP4 round this evening

his system spec is a 2.2ghz pentium4 512 mb DDR ram, Geforce 4 TI 4600 and i could'nt get it running at a decent framerate with every detail switched to high

what sort of PC were crammond & co using when they developed GP4?????

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 08, 2002 06:42PM
Posted by: Zcott
A quad-Athlon 7200+ processor system, 512 tb DDR-RAM, 100gb DDR nVidia GeForce 67 Ti4400, 57 1000gb RAID HDDs, telepathic keyboard and mouse, 72 channel surround sound, all being watched on a 100" TFT display.

And that was just for the menus....
Date: August 09, 2002 01:28AM
Posted by: Haldo
"And that was just for the menus...."

And than what was for the game???

---
"Because the future is now."
Date: August 09, 2002 06:20AM
Posted by: jp2
once i had the same problem, changing tarmac and funny yellow lines. unfortunately i cant remember what exactly made it disappear (fiddled too much with my gp4, dont remember the details).

maybe it would be a good idea to delete f1gstat and gp4config and then try again, calibrate the graphics completely new. or even re-install gp4.

greetings, jp
problem is gone
Date: August 09, 2002 11:03AM
Posted by: iek
I formatted my hard-drive and made it dual boot. It works okay now, but maybe I'd better upgrade to an athlon processor or something. The fps is still not what I'd like it to be... Gp4 is really a system eater, or what??

Igor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy