FPS and PO for 2009

Posted by ptclaus98 
FPS and PO for 2009
Date: March 27, 2009 03:41PM
Posted by: ptclaus98
I was just wondering if there is any improvement on the graphics speeds with the 2009 cars. For instance, I could run alone with the CCWS mod relatively fine. I've got an integrated Intel graphics card with 128 mb of graphic memory, then 1.6 GHz and 1 GB of RAM. And Vista. Will I be able to run the 2009 cars at least by myself on track? Thanks.
Re: FPS and PO for 2009
Date: March 27, 2009 03:43PM
Posted by: Shaddix
If you can run the CCWS I think you should be fine
if not, you can always resize the textures, that should improve your PO :)

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: March 27, 2009 03:56PM
Shaddix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you can run the CCWS I think you should be
> fine
> if not, you can always resize the textures, that
> should improve your PO :)

But the weird thing is, Formula Renault was completely slow, even when I ran the lower textures.
Date: March 27, 2009 04:37PM
Posted by: Excalibur
ptclaus98 ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just wondering if there is any improvement
> on the graphics speeds with the 2009 cars. For
> instance, I could run alone with the CCWS mod
> relatively fine. I've got an integrated Intel
> graphics card with 128 mb of graphic memory, then
> 1.6 GHz and 1 GB of RAM. And Vista. Will I be able
> to run the 2009 cars at least by myself on track?
> Thanks.

Well, for me, you've got 3 "problems":
- Vista and 1 Gb ram.
- Your processor: 1,6 Ghz.
- a graphic card with 128mb: It is a bit short. 512mb would be fine.

The material solution:
-3Gb of memory ram would be fine (at least 2Gb)
- If you got a PCI express slot, you could buy a Nvidia graphic card (8x or 9x, 512 mb, if your motherboard can handle this. It is not so expensive)

There are also some solutions to find a compromise between quality and speed...At least, to not get a high PO during game:
-First, as Shaddix said, reduce your textures with texresizer or slimtex (ZazTools). If you got textures in 2048*2048, reduce them into 1024*1024 or even 512*512.You will lost quality but it will help you to improve your PO (textures in 1024*1024 still keep a good quality).

- Reduce the car lods ( car_carname_carX_lodx.gp4) and use lower lods. Sometimes, you have the same lods for the ten cars of a team. Having lower lods will also improve your PO. You can use 3D Photo Browser and Polygoncruncher to reduce the lods or 3DSmax for this. I made a tuto for this (look into the GP4faq).

-Edit your F1grapghic.cfg file (in your main GP4 folder). You can also find F1graphics. cfg file into the GP4faq. See if someone got a PC configuration quiet close from yours.

- Set your graphic card configuration for better performances.

If I can give you an advice, don't use Hi-res tracks in game and if you don't need the mirrors in game, disable this option into the graphic advanced options of the game.

All this will contribute to not overload your PO.I have got the same problem and I try to find the better compromise between quality and performances because my processor isn't powerful enough to play with the last updates (Acer Sempron 3500+,1,8 Ghz, 3,5 GB ram, Nvidia 8600 GT-512mb, Vista) but all this modifications have contributed to deacrease the PO and the game runs much better than before.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 27, 2009 05:31PM
Thanks Excalibur.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy