Question to the moddelers

Posted by Shaddix 
Question to the moddelers
Date: February 25, 2009 11:55AM
Posted by: Shaddix
a question to the moddelers, just out oc cureousity
how did you learn to model? did you use a tutoria, did someone teach it to you, ...?

what program did you learn it in, and what do you use now?

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Re: Question to the moddelers
Date: February 25, 2009 12:34PM
Posted by: kaid
I learned modelling with the use of different tutorials and help from other modelers. On the other hand i also learned a lot of stuff by experimenting by myself and discovering stuff.

I learned it with 3dsmax and i am still using 3dsmax

A good tip is to join 3d model forums and show of your work. People will help you a lot :), it's a good way to improve your skills ;-)

Some good forums:

- www.smcars.net
- [www.cg-cars.com]

Date: February 25, 2009 12:34PM
Posted by: Öggo
I learned in Zmodeler, almost 7 years ago, when GP4 just came out. I learned it by myself, I have never learned much by following tutorials, but's just my personal liking. It took my 6 monthes to get my first shape done, it was based on the original Bar from the game and it was a 2002 CART Lola chassis. I ended up by re-doing the most of it afterwards! ;)
My first scratch made car with Zmod was Jordan 194, if I'm not mistaken... :)
When I switched to Max, I learnt once again by myself, although this time I searched some tips on the net and asked now and then to someone who already mastered Max, mainly Zeppelin101 and Erix :)
Max is what I use now, it's an incredibly powerful tool. But sometimes I still use Zmod for minor things or for mapping cars made with it, as McKey's 1994 cars :)

Date: February 25, 2009 01:46PM
Posted by: Dahie
I'm not a modeller, but I know the basics. I started with Zmodeler, modifying existing cars, some experiments with own cars, but it wasn't my thing. I never jumped to 3dsm, tried but it was not my cup of tea, hated the UI. In my studies I worked with Maya for half a year, which I liked however.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: February 25, 2009 02:28PM
Posted by: fongu
I only had time to start on zmodeler. Picked up some of the basics off the tutorial on the zmodeler website, went to edit original cars and from other shapers, learnt tips from them and most the rest just came from experimenting. It's taken years to get cars that I'm happy with the standard of - not so much shape-wise, but polystructure-wise. I'd say it comes more from experience so it takes a lot of patience and discipline.

Date: February 25, 2009 03:12PM
Posted by: Spoony
The same from with patience and tuts and from others.
Also i buy really cool books in german and they helped me alot. (Books for 3ds and cinema)
Now i could work with 3ds, cinema and Zmod.
Date: February 25, 2009 04:26PM
Posted by: msater
I use Blender, however I am still learning, and know of my work is ready to go on to GP4 yet. Blender is immensely powerful- like 3DS Max or Maya I suppose.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy