Hockenheim ruined

Posted by M3Nate 
Hockenheim ruined
Date: July 28, 2002 10:23PM
Posted by: M3Nate
I know this may be a bit off topic, but did anyone else wake up early to watch the F1 race at "hockenheim" this morning. They truly turned one of the great tracks on the circuit into a mickey mouse circuit like the hungaroring. It is truly a shame some of the things that F1 has done over the past few years.
Re: Hockenheim ruined
Date: July 28, 2002 10:53PM
Posted by: Nile
Yes, I agree 100%. Hockenheim was my favorite track until this year. Next will be Spa, then Monza. Why they continue to destroy the best overtaking tracks and turn them all into Hungarorings or Monte-Carlos I will never understand. As a fan, obviously I don't like the idea of ruining the racing by adding a few grandstands.
Date: July 29, 2002 01:24AM
Posted by: Boils
Well i thought the new track was good, but i did really like the old one because of the impresive speeds they reach.

It would be excellent if they were to run the old circuit on the following week or something because its a unique track that should still be a part of F1.

The new track did provide an entertaining race with some overtaking so atleast it isnt a Hungaroring.
Date: July 29, 2002 01:41AM
Posted by: Marki
I like this new Hockenheim circuit. Much more fun.
Date: July 29, 2002 01:51AM
Posted by: PDA
The new track is one of the best i F1 Calender, Yesterdays race were the best of the year, just take a look at the great batle between Raikonnen and Montoya, it was great... Hockenheim has Raised itself...
Date: July 29, 2002 04:20AM
Posted by: genesis
Wha-? Monaco and Magny-Cours were <b>miles</b> better than yesterday! And yes I think the new circuit is complete rubbish too.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 29, 2002 05:24AM
Posted by: genesis
hmm I messed that up. miles :-)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 29, 2002 05:30AM
Posted by: matthewp
I thought the race yesterday was shite but not becuase fo the track, the cars were just too spread out to attempt overtaking, I missed most of the Montoya - Raikkonen battle as ITV were in a bloody break :-(
Date: July 29, 2002 07:56AM
Posted by: Lilletto
I agree with you since I started a thread in the F1 section of this forum, but it seems that there are a lot of people who like to have 16 clones of Barcelona!

Date: July 29, 2002 08:20AM
Posted by: CarbonDiscBrakes
Remember guys that Hockenhiem was originally built as a track for Motorbike racing,hence the name Hockenhiem Motodrome.

This is a nasty circle for circuit owners these days as Hockenhiem's new track layout shows.Spectators,if it wasn't for spectators at the venue there would be no sizeable income from the ticket sales,no ticket sales no race,simple.Now the spectators get to see the cars in Germany 60 odd times instead of 40 odd and every 1 minute 15 seconds instead of 2 minutes.So as you can see for spectators it is a much improved venue to race.

Personally its been RUINED,unfortunatelly the old track has been lifted up already to be planted with new trees,so unlike some old circuits like the banking at Monza and say Roune in France the tarmac is still there,Hockenhiem's is gone never to be seen again.

If they touch SPA i'm doing a disgruntelled Mercedes employee when it happens!

I only hope that Jim Clarks memorial will still be accessable there in the woods where he died.
Date: July 29, 2002 08:31AM
Posted by: Keithb
They've already removed the Jim Clark memorial,but they are going to re-locate it nearer the new circuit, and yes, I think they've ruined the circuit as well.
Date: July 29, 2002 10:22AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I thought Silverstone was a fantastic race. I'm not sure about Hockenheim...but they should'nt have dug up the old one.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 29, 2002 01:05PM
Posted by: tux
i agree with you all,

the caracter of the track is lost tottally, its just like an A1-ring clone (dont you agree that it looks a lot like it), any way if its not a clone, then its made by the same guy!!!

Date: July 29, 2002 02:43PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
well im gonna put my 2pence worth in and agree with the many..........THEY HAVE RUINED A GREAT CURCUIT AND I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER INSTALL THE NEW TRACK OVER THE THE ORIGINAL IN GP4...........oops sorry for the caps
Date: July 29, 2002 02:49PM
Posted by: anze89
My opinion is that the old track was better fo TV spectators because high speed. The new one is much slower then old one, but is better for spectators around the track. They can see more track and more laps.
I did not like the old track and I hate the new one
Date: July 30, 2002 11:31AM
Posted by: CarbonDiscBrakes
The new Track was designed by the same guy that did the A-1 Ring,hence the similar look of the corners.

Guess what Silverstone is next on the agenda to be Refurbished,as far as i know they are to reshape the area round about Abbey,i just hope they don't do a Hockenhiem!
Date: July 30, 2002 11:35AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Silverstone is a great circuit, I don't think much will be changed.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 30, 2002 11:41AM
Posted by: gnoppi
Sorry, Silverstone WAS a great track.
Same as Monza (two of the most beautiful corners completely <destroyed>, I'm talking bout Lesmo one and two).
Same as Hockenheim.
Same as Zeltweg
Someone remember old Kyalami's circuit?

Instead of slow down cars (and <downforce>;) and their ability to go through corner faster and faster every year they changed circuits so badly that the last true one is Spa? When will they ruin even the "eau rouge"?
Date: July 30, 2002 11:47AM
Posted by: Ellis
"Silverstone WAS a great track"

erm, 2003 should be good - it will have the new banked corner in it whcih will be FAST.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 30, 2002 12:19PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Daje tempo Luca e lo faranno.

translation : give'm enough time Luca and they will do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy