You could not care less but...

Posted by Lilletto 
You could not care less but...
Date: July 28, 2002 02:29PM
Posted by: Lilletto
I'm about to start my first complete season with GP4.
I usually drive with car power team dependant on (looks more realistic to me).
I wanna drive a midfield team to have a good struggle to finish in the points.
But I cannot decide myself: should i take BAR

or Sauber?

So I've chosen to let you choose...c'mon guys spit it out!

Re: You could not care less but...
Date: July 28, 2002 02:32PM
Here looks a bit better :)

Date: July 28, 2002 03:08PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
drive for Sauber....if anything the car is more of a looker than the B.A.R and in my opion Sauber has got more going for it too.........only the dead end and go no where drivers run for B.A.R

JENSON BUTTON TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: July 28, 2002 03:08PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
hmmmmmm, at first I thought BAR, but not sure. You should consider Jordan too.

You have to remember that you are (at least on some tracks) faster than the CC cars (I presume) so in the interests of final standings realism, I'd say Sauber. They are often in the points, and the car looks good anyway.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 28, 2002 03:09PM
Posted by: Zcott
Date: July 28, 2002 03:13PM
Posted by: genesis
Yeah but qwerty's right. The CC team dependant thing doesnt seem to work at all for the car you drive. This is very imporant cos otherwise you could do the same time as Yoong (yes, really) as M Schumacher.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 28, 2002 03:20PM
Posted by: tux
i dont like ure sig Paolo Selva :';(

Date: July 28, 2002 03:23PM
That's especially true at the start. I drive in pro mode, and I can start from say 7th and end up in p1 by turn 2. That's in gp3 2000, but it works out similarly in gp4. I tend to make 'average' starts on purpose, to stop this.
I think its important to perform similarly to your team mate. It looks wrong to see JV's BAR winning at Silverstone by 15secs

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 28, 2002 03:28PM
Posted by: Vader
Dumbass -
I hope you do not misunderstand Paolo Selva. I hink he does not mean Barrichello should get kicked out because he is crap. I think Paolo means Ferrari does not treat RB as good as he deserves, thus he should leave the team that only lets him be No.2 and go to a team that allows him to win.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 28, 2002 03:35PM
Posted by: Ellis
BAR! It looks good in GP4, and the Sauber shape aint nice

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 28, 2002 03:43PM
I'd love to see GP5 have realistic player car performance....ie you CAN'T beat a Ferrari in an Arrows.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 28, 2002 04:09PM
Posted by: Keithb
Midfield team? Try a Mclaren!!!!!!
Date: July 28, 2002 04:17PM
Ouch! harsh.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 28, 2002 04:22PM
Posted by: Keithb
Just joking!!!!! But going by todays race..............well,,,
Date: July 28, 2002 04:36PM
True, true

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 28, 2002 05:00PM
Vader wrote>

"Dumbass -
I hope you do not misunderstand Paolo Selva. I hink he does not mean Barrichello should get kicked out because he is crap. I think Paolo means Ferrari does not treat RB as good as he deserves, thus he should leave the team that only lets him be No.2 and go to a team that allows him to win."

hmmm, i think i did misunderstood. sorry Paolo Selva

Date: July 28, 2002 05:18PM
Mates I told you I race with "player car power team dependant" set by GPXpatch so, barring something exceptional happening (like Brorgdronex joining in my game at Hockeheim) there is no chance that I win a race in a BAR, let alone by 15 secs!
I made a quick test to let you see.
These times are with the game set the way I said.
I made them with keyboard, autobraking on (to try to minimize my own effect on them) at Hockenheim. It is a power circuit so the difference between different cars is more evident:

Ferrari 1.46.533
Jordan 1.47.619
BAR 1. 47.700
Sauber 1.47.999
Minardi 1.51.015

This was just a quick thing so just take them as they are, though I made a small mistake while driving Jordan so probably a more realistic time for it is a couple of tenths quicker, maybe even 3.
In my opinion this is the more like to real life you can play the game, you are always quite close to your team mate and in a whole season you should get the points your car lets you, without hving that sort of "supercar" rammond built for us :)
Bar in the game seems a bit quicker than Sauber, but I bet it has a higher failure rate too.
Realistically, Sauber or Bar, I should end the season with something between 10 to 20 points in my bag.
Getting once on the podium being quite an achievement :)

As for Barrichello I do like him as a guy even if I think he did sell his soul a bit, I think he is an average to good driver (I think they sell drivers like him by the dozen in the present grid).
But remember I am Italian :)
I heard today on TV that Montezemolo plans to leave his driver untouched until 2006.
Last winter here (the media were pushing on Maranello) we briefly had the hope of seeing Fisichella on Ferrari since 2003.
But they confirmed Barrichello in the end.
The reason I feel is quite obvious: Todt and Brown could have never staged a comedy like that in Austria with an Italian driver at the wheel.
Papers and TV would have skinned them alive!
BTW I think that Fisico is quite a better driver than Rubens.
What is for sure is that we had Fisico (or even Trulli) driving for Ferrari instead of Barrichello we could have seen much more competition this season.
I could go further but I know this is OT here and belongs rather to the other forum.
I don't mean to be harsh on Ruben, but if you lived here you could get better what I (and the vast majority of Italian F1 fans) fell about Ferrari these days.

Date: July 28, 2002 06:05PM
Date: July 28, 2002 07:22PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
go minardi!!!! :D

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: July 28, 2002 07:49PM
Posted by: Xipe
I understood that you used GPxPatch and I was wondering what kind of super drivers the rest of the odd people are! :)

In Arrows, w. team dependent power, I do 1:25 laps at Monza - at Ace level Schumi does 1:22 times and the midfield pack is at low and mid 1:24.

Metaphysics: Objective Reality
Epistemology: Reason
Ethics: Self-interest
Politics: Capitalism
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy