Thrusmaster sets gp4 conrtols crazy

Posted by darcym 
Thrusmaster sets gp4 conrtols crazy
Date: July 27, 2002 04:42AM
Posted by: darcym
Hi,

I am trying to use my thrustmaster wheel with grandprix 4.

Calibration goes really well, however as I exit the calibration the highlighted option goes crazy, as in jumping fro option to option, so fast that I cannot select an option.

If I unplug the wheel the options standstill, plug the wheel back in and touch it and the options go mad again.

There is obviously something wrong with the drivers/config for this wheel as it works well in gp3.

any suggestions or anyone who has had this problem I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Matt
Re: Thrusmaster sets gp4 conrtols crazy
Date: July 27, 2002 06:55AM
Posted by: Morbid
From our little local bug list:

B.5. - After selecting and calibrating a wheel as input controller, when some other device had been selected previously, the "disable joysticks in menu" option is not updated. As a consequence the selection highlight flips around across the menu system. Has been recreated with Microsoft Wheels set to separate axis for accel/brake. Workaround: Enter "Workshop", "Utilities", "Menu Setup" and the option updates itself. Very easy to reproduce.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 27, 2002 11:06AM
Posted by: Lo2k
And if it's isn't enough, just disable separate axis for brake/accel in the joystick property page under windows and it will be fine (I have a Thrustmaster FFB too and it's working here without separate axis and give menus selector mad with them).

Date: July 27, 2002 11:26PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
but it is crap on the same axis...

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: July 28, 2002 01:43AM
Posted by: Whitey
Hi guys,

Is that Thrustmaster FFB Wheel any good?. I was thinking of buying it cause it works on GT3 for PS2 as well as on the PC.

Cheers
Date: July 29, 2002 10:38AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, one axis isn't the best but it is better than nothing.

About The Thrustmaster, it is near perfect, great FFB, good wheel surface where hands stay firm.
2 small bad points.
Wheel surface tend to left in small cahoutchouc "dust" for a time but grip stay here and after some time it stops.
I had to change springs of both pedals of mine after about 1 year of use but guys at Thrustmaster do a good job and don't refuse to give you some support to replace them.

A very good buy.

Oh, and gears triggers are large and perfect to use.
Hope this could help in you choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy