OMG how good is the AI?

Posted by Ellis 
OMG how good is the AI?
Date: July 26, 2002 04:15PM
Posted by: Ellis
OMG This was incredible! You wont belive it!

I was in qualifying for Spa, down in 6th. It was pouring rain, and i wasnt getting anywhere. I took a guess on setup and stuck on inters to see the grip level. The setup was spot on with the inters and i took pole.

And, despite the rain, Sato went out on Inters, took 2nd. Irvine went out on inters, with the rain getting heavier and took 3rd

Come warmu-p, i sat in the garage for 10min, they all went out on wets, i went out on inters, beat em all. As soon as i did that, the comp cars changed to inters and got faster.

Then come race - they were all on inters except McNishs Toyota on Wets.

Remember this is heavy rain, the AI reacted to me going faster on my inters

Two people i speak to on MSN both have had this before!

:O

:D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: OMG how good is the AI?
Date: July 26, 2002 04:19PM
Posted by: tux
wow, that just goes to show the dedication of Geof Crammond

Date: July 26, 2002 04:59PM
Posted by: LS.
i hope they were'nt the michelin intermediates coz they are poor compared to bridgestone

ala this years years british GP

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 26, 2002 05:16PM
Posted by: LS.
perhaps CNDMerlin will post and suggest that its nothing at all to do with the tyres and that your crap :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 26, 2002 05:39PM
Posted by: Ellis
LOL

True, wait and see

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 27, 2002 09:45PM
Posted by: mortal
I have to agree that the gp4 AI is a huge improvement on previous versions, I never used to be able to do nose to tail racing with such precision, they seem to have just the right balance of aggression and strategy. I'll probably never play gp3 or gp3_2000 again although they run a whole lot better than gp4 does, if I could just get mirrors in gp4 ;-/ A bit hard to defend your possie when you can't see who's on your backdoor, you know there's one there, just itching for a piece of you, you just don't know exactly where ;-) If anybody's looking for me I'll be at Hockenheim.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy