lol...Greatest GP4 Championship finish ever !!!

Posted by Luke Kinsella 
lol...Greatest GP4 Championship finish ever !!!
Date: February 09, 2009 07:43PM
Posted by: Luke Kinsella
Last race of the championship, Suzuka.
Me ... 71 points
Montoya ... 70 points

Last lap, I am second, Schumacher is behind me and Montoya is fourth.

Schumacher tries to overtake me in a dumb way (at the 130R bend, where there is no room to overtake, similar to the way Irvine hit Burti at Spa 2001.
So, he hits me from behind and I spin, then I crash violently against the barriers.

I thought...."holy sh... what an idiot he is! The championship is gone"

BUT!

After the contact with the barriers, I accidentally BOUNCE back on the track and I hit... guess who? Montoya!
Well I didn't do it on purpose!

So, while the other drivers cross the finish line, my car and Montoya's, both half destroyed, are in the middle of the track.

With some bruises, but I get out of the car, and I am World Champion

:) :) :)

lol I think that was the luckiest episode in the history of GP4

Imagine something like that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 07:45PM by Luke Kinsella.
Re: lol...Greatest GP4 Championship finish ever !!!
Date: February 09, 2009 07:59PM
Posted by: Jackal
Sounds like great fun ;-)
Date: February 09, 2009 08:05PM
Posted by: Atticus.
wow. that great story.

but excuse me why didnt you let schumi go? the game was won anyway.
Date: February 09, 2009 08:12PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
well, my greatest finish was not so good as yours, but it was the last race at Suzuka 2003. I was DC and was 2 points behind Schumi in the standings. Michael lead the race and I chased him in second until the second last lap, when I spun, only laying 0,6 seconds behind. I though that was it, now Im to far behind. But when I get to the chicane on the last lap, someones engine is smoking.. guess who, Michael's engine is giving up! But I decide wrong where to overtake him trough the smoke and hits him, and looses my right front wheel.. I need to finish ahead of Schumi to be champion, so once again, I thought it was over. But I managed to cross the line with three wheels and take the championship while michael retiered :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: February 09, 2009 08:58PM
Lol that sounds fun too
Date: February 09, 2009 08:59PM
Atticus. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow. that great story.
>
> but excuse me why didnt you let schumi go? the
> game was won anyway.

Well I didn't expect a passing attempt at 130R! That's an insane place to try an overtaking
Episodes like these,specially the one about the Schumi's 130R overtaking,makes me think GP4 haves the best AI in F1 games so far!
If not ever!:)
Date: February 10, 2009 02:16PM
Addicted On GPXSeries Wrote:
> Episodes like these,specially the one about the
> Schumi's 130R overtaking,makes me think GP4 haves
> the best AI in F1 games so far!
> If not ever!:)

Yes, the AI makes races good (especially if you can edit the performances to make the drivers strenght more equal )

The AI it's so good that I don't miss the multiplayer mode
Date: February 10, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: Guimengo
The AI just fails when it comes to backmarkers :P. But yeah, normal racing for position is mostly fine :)
Date: February 10, 2009 04:25PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
agreed, except sometimes they break the rules and changes line twice while trying to defend their position :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: February 10, 2009 04:39PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I also think that GP4 AI is great...but I don't like the start..it's too easy to gain positions when there is a tight first corner...at Bahrain, Hungaroring, Melbourne, Interlagos, Monza and other tracks you can easily gain 10 positions when starting from 22th position...that's not so cool.

Date: February 10, 2009 05:17PM
Posted by: n00binio
SkaaningeN schrieb:
> agreed, except sometimes they break the rules and
> changes line twice while trying to defend their
> position :)

I'm always doing the same, so no problem with that ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: February 11, 2009 08:46PM
Ruboy Wrote:
> I also think that GP4 AI is great...but I don't
> like the start..it's too easy to gain positions
> when there is a tight first corner...at Bahrain,
> Hungaroring, Melbourne, Interlagos, Monza and
> other tracks you can easily gain 10 positions when
> starting from 22th position...that's not so cool.

You can easily solve that problem by doing the pole position and starting in the front row :P
Date: February 11, 2009 08:59PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I always just take it easy through the first corner and then once through there start to race properly

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: February 11, 2009 09:26PM
Posted by: paranoik0
This thread is making me want to install GP4 again.
Date: February 11, 2009 09:51PM
paranoik0 Wrote:
> This thread is making me want to install GP4
> again.

Great, I feel honoured :)
Date: February 12, 2009 06:02AM
Posted by: Roadwarrior
The best thing about backmarkers is when they are battling each other while you are second and the leader is getting closer of them, i just wait to see what will happen, usually is the best situation to get the lead if you know what you are doing.
Date: February 12, 2009 06:33PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
well i haven't had such an interesting championchip , but i had about 2-3 days ago a great race on hockenheim 2001 (from schuey fan)
we started on a wet track and i was with DC, pretty much doing the pace of michael,ralf and mika (the top three)
then the track started to dry out and a dry line emerged. an then i was sooooooooooooooooooo much slower than anyyybody else in the last sector (THE STADIUM PART) .
i dropped from 12 seconds behind the second to about 35 seconds behind (and into 7th). i was driving with the pace of the prosts maybe :D:D
but gues what. then the dry line got bigger and i started to find the liimits of the car much better and i was winning at about 1, 1.5 seconds to the leader , michael schumacher, per lap. Then the second pit stops came.
i got in the pits in 4-th, exited it, did a real STUNNER , and on the begining of the next my engine let on me.
anyway. it was a lot of fun :P
happy racing from Bulgaria !
Date: February 13, 2009 09:45PM
Posted by: evil.hEiNz
Just finished the greatest race ever. I was driving Kubicas BMW in Hockenheim, 100% distance. After starting 13th, I managed to get to 4th in the first lap, but then I spun at the entry of the Motodrom. After that, I was in 12th. Then I managed to get back to 3rd (with a few spins also). After the last pitstop I got Massa, so I was running 2nd. Then, with 20 laps to go, the chase for Räikkönen, the leader, begun. The gap was only 2.3 secs when I spun again. It was 16 laps to go, and I was giving all I had to get back the 12 seconds Räikkönen now leaded me. When the gap was only 1.6 secs, I spun again because I had to lap Webber. I could not believe what happened, again I did not pass him. But there were still 6 laps to go. I was driving like I was insane, getting at least 2 seconds per lap back. 2 laps to go. Still not close enough. So I tried to push even harder. Last lap. I am really close at the Start/Finish straigth, but still not really close enough. In the Einfahrt Parabolica-Bend, I braked as late as possible, being now really close to Räikkönen for the following (more or less) straight. In the Hairpin, I finally got through after using the slipstream-effect to the max. The rest was easy-going, I won that GP :)
Here is the lap chart, the colored line is me, you can see how my positions were changed the whole race long.

That was an amazing race, never was happier to win a race ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy