next Grand Prix try this!

Posted by bazbarrow 
next Grand Prix try this!
Date: July 24, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: bazbarrow
Last night ITV ran the full french gp again on tv so I tried something and the results were amazing. Set a race up for full distance and started it at same time as race. The cars were lapping in same lap times and watching from the trackside cameras was amazing as they are all nearly spot on as well as the track.

I suggest you give it a try at the german gp this weekend. If the cars get out of sync then just switch to the car that is at the same point of the track as the real race leader.

This game is superb.

baz

Re: next Grand Prix try this!
Date: July 24, 2002 06:43AM
Posted by: lionrampant78
Sounds interesting, we won't be able to do it this weekend though seeing as Hockenheim has been modified this season ( will try it soon though :) )
Date: July 24, 2002 06:56AM
Posted by: tux
cool

i had this idea once (but i actually drove and crashed everyone off, lucky it didnt happen on tv :P)

Date: July 24, 2002 07:01AM
Posted by: make
I did that in last years Spanish GP when the race was live on tv an Michael Schumacher blew hes engine a couple laps before the end in GP3 but in the real race Mikä Häkkinen blew hes engine on the last lap when leading and I almost cryed :)

Date: July 24, 2002 07:11AM
Date: July 24, 2002 11:33AM
Posted by: Ellis
i do this often with recordings of the race

If there is a sfaety car then it screws up the result. You also have to have the same weather conditions - silverstone is hard to recreate cos its half drive, half wet.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 24, 2002 12:35PM
Posted by: Glyn
This idea has never occured to me before. Ill have to try it out me thinks :D

Date: July 24, 2002 12:41PM
Posted by: genesis
I can't believe it (really sad) but I decided to try it out, and did a 100% race in Magny-Cours, but not driving as anyone.

It makes you realise how realistic this game is! It's amazing! Here were my final positions:

1) montoya
2) M Schumacher
3) Coulthard
4) Barrichello
5) Trulli
6) Heidfeld
Date: July 24, 2002 01:08PM
erm, but thats nothing like the reall results :P

Date: July 24, 2002 01:12PM
lol Dumbass I didn't mean like that....but the problem is the Michelin behaviour isn't in GP4 (hopefully will be in GP5) so the poor Williams cars in teh actual French GP didn't happen cos the tyres are all the same.
Date: July 24, 2002 01:14PM
oh, ok

Date: July 24, 2002 01:16PM
hmmm,
no wait,

i done a 100% race at canada in a minardi (i was 1st :P) and i was puting in fastest after fastest lap, then about 3 laps later after my last fastest lap (this is about 30 laps from the end), my perforamnce droped loads and i was about 2 secs slower. about 20 laps later i was doing fastest again :S

Date: July 24, 2002 01:18PM
Hmmm. Interesting, but are you sure you maybe were just slow and then fast again? ;-)]

Thinking about it...in the race I simulated (but didnt drive) before the pit stops Montoya and Ralf were starting to lap slower than MS....but MS spun off just before he pitted.
Date: July 24, 2002 01:46PM
hmmm, i dont know, i didnt notice any difference in my driving style

Date: July 24, 2002 02:13PM
this was at canada, the thing is i didnt have a break!!! i was driving non stop for (how long is a 100% race?)

strange

Date: July 25, 2002 01:17AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

David, i disagree...If he's consious enough to realise he's lapping 2 seconds slower, then sub conscious driving acts like braking earlier etc will not come into play. Sub consciousness certainly can take a part in dribing style, particularly with various music titles playing, but not in the manner you mentioned.

Date: July 25, 2002 01:19AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

And Dumbass, he was suggesting that you DO have a break, he wasnt saying that's why you were lapping slower.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy