MORBID, are you ready for after-patch bug list?

Posted by Boomy 
MORBID, are you ready for after-patch bug list?
Date: July 23, 2002 06:08AM
Posted by: Boomy
Surelly GPX Team is working on big issues present,and hopefully major problem will be fixed.

Surelly there will be lot of thing in needing of a further fix and at least 1 or 2 wishes list could be claimed.I'm not talking about safety car and drive trought that are of course impossible to have in GP4,I'm talking to add the possibility to play for instance full week-end races on LAN 2 players mode,with free practise and qualification too,not only freakin' quickraces like now.

I'm also sure some bugs will be created as well and someoneelse will be present despiting of patch.

Do you know if IG is disposed to release a second patch?( actually they are only working to solve crashes and XP compatibility )

Maybe it could be too early to talk about second patch when the first one is not yet relesed,but we should start to think about the future concretelly.

Cheers

Boomer
Re: MORBID, are you ready for after-patch bug list?
Date: July 23, 2002 07:27AM
Posted by: Morbid
If I am ready to do a Bug List patched version?

Well, I don't know yet. It depends on when the patch is released and how people react to it.

If the patch is very good, there will be little need for a bug list or a second patch. If there is little or no popular support, then there isn't much I can do on my own accord. And probably just as important, at least from my point of view, if I have started a new semester at Uni when the patch comes out, I won't have much time to spare.

And as to the statements that they are only working on XP issues, pit stop bugs, and crashes to desktop, well thats just what they have told us. In theory they have had since March, since the readme is dated in March, and that is 3 months ago. 3 months is a pretty long time if the patch only fixes the above mentioned issues.

This does not mean that I am not gonna do anything. It just means that we will have to wait and see what happens. But surely, they must be bonkers if they do not rectify the multiplayer aspect of the game.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 23, 2002 07:53AM
Thanks for your reply.

---But surely, they must be bonkers if they do not rectify the multiplayer aspect of the game.-----

I'm almost sure they don't take care about this great missing feature with tiny solution.

Im ready as well to go on strike with huge placards and bastons to scream loud to claim our rights.

Let's wait.....and pray and hope!!!!

Boomer
Hi,

Just like you, I would love the ability to race multiplayer, but I have a horrible feeling it may have something to do with licenses, Bernie and large sums of money...

Have you seen virtual spectator for the world rall championship?

I imagine it would be poss to transmit postional data from each real F1 car and now that the tracks are gps modelled, we would be able to race against the real drivers with the AI taking over when we get invlovved with the action.

Please give us multiplayer mode its the main reason I got broadband!

Cheers
Baz

Date: July 23, 2002 08:48AM
You are wrong.

The licenses blade hurts only MP via internet,even if GPx patch for GP4 seems to be overtaken this problem,even if the speed claimed to race fairly is approx 50 Mbit,cause the code is not optimized for MP for licenses problems.

I was referring about MP via LAN only,with maximum 2 players,that is 10 light years easier from internet play,btw already present and working fine in GP2 and GP3.

See you later

Boomer
Date: July 23, 2002 11:18AM
Posted by: tux
morbid> there wrong saying the bugs are only win xp, im using win me and the full retail version. that is having nearly all the gubs listed

mmmmmmmmm....gubs. They taste so good

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 24, 2002 05:28AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Date: July 24, 2002 06:59AM
Posted by: tux
i know, i cant spell :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy