A small criticism

Posted by Luke Kinsella 
A small criticism
Date: January 09, 2009 10:31PM
Posted by: Luke Kinsella
A small criticism
(Don't think I'm not grateful to track makers...)

I was just seeing a page with the list of all the tracks available for GP4.
Many F1 tracks have three or more versions (2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007 version!)
While it's ok for tracks like Budapest or Magny Cours, which have been changed, I see really no need for a new version of other tracks already existing in the game.

So, while a lot of energy and time is concentrated on re-issues of already known (and boring) F1 tracks, we still miss classic tracks like Brands Hatch, Mosport or Road America, which are a blast to drive.

Just my humble opinion.
Re: A small criticism
Date: January 10, 2009 12:49AM
Posted by: mortal
You can't stop people from making tracks that they like. That's a fact. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 10, 2009 01:43AM
Posted by: ralv585
Why Luke why?
Why do you bring this hate into this peaceful forum?
Enough with your hate, Vader may come here and take you permanently take you to the dark side

Date: January 10, 2009 01:58AM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
..... in part, I agree, I think the staff that makes tracks for gp4 They should concentrate on the tracks, the 70 and 80, because the current, taking SPA, are very boring, will be more, circuit speed, like the old Paul Ricard, Zeltweg, Argentina and so on, enough to track slow and full of chicanes bahhhhhhhhhhhhh ........;(
:)
Date: January 10, 2009 02:47AM
Posted by: DAMON96
It´s not a bad opinion...The "problem" is that GP4 is more focused in the last 6 or 7 seasons and there are not a lot of "classic" mods from the 80 and early 90...anyway I always use the same tracks because I don´t know how to install them :)
Date: January 10, 2009 02:54AM
Posted by: dkpioe
well there are a lot of tracks released like magnycours 2008, which people like me download, play it once and add it to my gp4 downloads collection. but since its magny cours i wont really play it much ever again. same as budapest releases.
If it was Road America id be playing it all the time, and i think more people would download it.
Same goes for mods like dtm 2005 and 06 and those tc argentine mods. download it, play it once and add to the collection.
But people make what they want to make and they have every right to that. if they were making things to please other people they would make what other people want and would build a road america instead of another magny cours.
but you also have to realise a track like magnycours 2008 was made to add realism to the game, in that its the most accurate version of the track available for gp4, and the diehard realist-seeking gp4 players want tracks like this.
Date: January 10, 2009 03:12AM
Posted by: n00binio
i think when you think of doing a track or any other add on it is most important that you like it yourself. if you only do it because a lot of people want it but it has no real personal value for you it will be almost impossible to finish let alone getting a high quality result.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 03:14AM by n00binio.
Date: January 10, 2009 03:23AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Presumably it's easier to do the newer tracks because there are already versions of them around, either in the game or ones made already. So you don't have to start from scratch. All you may have to do is update the graphics and change the track slightly to do a track (and don't forget these tracks are in demand), rather than start completely from scratch with an older track(and don't get me wrong here, it WOULD be fabulous to see some of the older tracks done)

Actually I don't know the first thing about trackbuilding, but that's how I presume it goes. Either way I'm just grateful that there are people out there who devote their time to making the game more enjoyable for the rest of us!
Date: January 10, 2009 05:04AM
Posted by: gildoorf
I usually do not take part on such these topics, but...

Won´t take any this time either :P

Go have fun

Date: January 10, 2009 10:41AM
Posted by: Ruboy
I strongly believe that the majority of the people prefers having the 2005 - 2008 tracks than the ones from the 70' and 80' simply because they want to play F1 like they are watching it on TV...and that's the times today and not the past. That's the same reason many new people are visiting the forum to get new 2007, 2008, etc. cars or mods. Remember, GP4 is staying alive this well because it is adapted each year to the running season.
If you mention tracks than you could also refer to cars aswell and argue: Why do people build 2007 and 2008 cars...F1 was so exciting in the 70ies and 80ies...please build more of these cars.
As said, I do belive if you have to choose, the majoirty prefers the current stuff but it is rather the people who have been on the forum for a long time posting their whishes and ideas about old F1...so the view might be a bit distorted.

And most of you can imagine how many hours of addicted and passionate work go into creating a track. No track maker will sit down and just create a track for the community if he has no fun and motivation for doing this.

We have not many track makers at the moment so the projects are very limited...for example Gildoorf, Paulo and me just manage to release 5-6 tracks a year. TTM only 2 if he works on his onw, Tony and Mark maybe also 5-6 (as mod trackpack)...so you see that really more people are needed to bring on other tracks, too.

Date: January 10, 2009 11:46AM
Posted by: b-tone
We have a few old tracks in work but wjy not show your interest more by posting screenshots etc of what is available?
We've got some decent old mods (79, 86, 88, 91, 89...) available and more in work (82, 94, 93...) but you don't see many screenshots of those mods.
Show some interest and I'm sure modders will get interested too :)

____
Tony

Date: January 10, 2009 01:11PM
Ruboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I strongly believe that the majority of the people
> prefers having the 2005 - 2008 tracks than the
> ones from the 70' and 80' simply because they want
> to play F1 like they are watching it on TV...and
> that's the times today and not the past. That's
> the same reason many new people are visiting the
> forum to get new 2007, 2008, etc. cars or mods.
> Remember, GP4 is staying alive this well because
> it is adapted each year to the running season.
> If you mention tracks than you could also refer to
> cars aswell and argue: Why do people build 2007
> and 2008 cars...F1 was so exciting in the 70ies
> and 80ies...please build more of these cars.
> As said, I do belive if you have to choose, the
> majoirty prefers the current stuff but it is
> rather the people who have been on the forum for a
> long time posting their whishes and ideas about
> old F1...so the view might be a bit distorted.
>
> And most of you can imagine how many hours of
> addicted and passionate work go into creating a
> track. No track maker will sit down and just
> create a track for the community if he has no fun
> and motivation for doing this.
>
> We have not many track makers at the moment so the
> projects are very limited...for example Gildoorf,
> Paulo and me just manage to release 5-6 tracks a
> year. TTM only 2 if he works on his onw, Tony and
> Mark maybe also 5-6 (as mod trackpack)...so you
> see that really more people are needed to bring on
> other tracks, too.

... I agree in part with you, but not be as well, if most people, prefer the current mods, it is because, not know the times of the past, the beauty of cars, circuits of 70, 80, because only follow the formula 1 of the times today, where the cars are equal, tracks boring to play, ex, I hate running in Australia, Malaysia, France, Hungary, among others, as GP3, has many tracks where we run and makes the game more exciting, like the old Paul Ricard, Argentina, Austria etc, etc, I am not criticizing those who make the circuits, or withdraw the merit for their time and dedication, I also have my job, now I'm committed to the mod of 82 and beyond this I'm recording 3 new work of my bands, in addition to my normal work, and I still have much time for my wife and daughter, when things are organized, there is time for everything, is need to be organized, for that matter, why is this community, no one is organized groups, type, one to make circuits, and others, to make mods, I know that already has some, but if there is more, it would be better, and most important, was to establish an agenda, with work to develop, which would have seen things more organized for the benefit of this large community, just my two cents;) ....:)
Date: January 10, 2009 01:25PM
Posted by: raulongo
Modders only do what they want to, not what others want... It's just easy ;)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: January 10, 2009 01:31PM
Posted by: Covfan
mortal Wrote:
> You can't stop people from making tracks that they
> like. That's a fact. :-)

There are people who like Magny Cours? :O
Date: January 10, 2009 01:40PM
Posted by: Ruboy
It's not about liking the track but having the motivation for it ;-)

Btw, the layout of Magny Cours itself is nice...the problem is that it provides boring races.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 01:42PM by Ruboy.
Date: January 10, 2009 01:51PM
raulongo Wrote:
> Modders only do what they want to, not what others
> want... It's just easy ;)

.... I think that nobody is pointing a gun to anyone's head, to do anything, it is logical that each one does and choose what you want, cuidadoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ........;)
Date: January 10, 2009 09:09PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I agree a bit, but.. before my computer got "sick" I had my 2001 cars.wad installed and installed some original 2001 tracks after using Schueyfans trackpack for a long time.. the game suddenly looks aweful :( so all the texturesupdates etc. for the older, yet "active" tracks needs updates to keep the game as we all think it should look.. my opinion but still :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: January 10, 2009 10:01PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
One of the reasons I have lost a lot of interest in GP4 is because of the lack of tracks. We have many classic mods, few classic tracks.

Every year like clockwork we get new versions of Magny Cours, Interlagos, and Barcelona - three of the most boring circuits known to man, while Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, Paul Ricard, etc. etc. never get made.

Even though the cars in GTR2 aren't up to GP4 standards, I can at least take the 1988 McLaren MP4-4 and the other F1 cars for their 1988 mod out at Paul Ricard, Mexico, and a proper version of Estoril. Part of having a season specific mod for me is actually driving on the correct tracks used in that season. This is where GP4 blows in my opinion.

But as somebody said, people who can make tracks only make what they feel like making...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 01:48AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: January 10, 2009 10:18PM
Posted by: Prblanco
GP4 lacks tracks because there are few people working on tracks, and even less people willing to learn how to work on them. Simple as that.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: January 11, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: J-C
Luke Kinsella Wrote:
> So, while a lot of energy and time is concentrated
> on re-issues of already known (and boring) F1
> tracks, we still miss classic tracks like Brands
> Hatch, Mosport or Road America, which are a blast
> to drive.

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy