Is there a solution to the floating word in the steering wheel of Ferrari and Macca ( 2006 mod) ?

Posted by BAR#10 
After the longest time I'm actually playing the 2006 season of the famous 2006 mod and got reminded of small, but a little annoying problem when choosing Macca or ferrari. The cockpit steeting wheel shows BE and all other words - that should be in the car's screen, but are on the mirror, and in the middle of view, floating around.
In the pits I can't see the fuel setting.
I know this is an old issue, searched but found no solution, so I'm wondering is there one?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 09:05PM by BAR#10.
I don't have 2006 mod instaled by now, but I think this is not a bug on the mod, maybe if you reinstall your GP4 and afeter a CSM program and after a 2006 MOD can work ok.

If not, this setting (I think) can be configured in tweaker file (dashboard settings in tweaker folder inside 2006 mod).

P.s: If you work on "configure yourself" in tweaker, make a backup first! :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
thanks, but I think even Tony described it once as "lazy bug" he left in;)
I was just hoping the solution emerged in between.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
can you upload a picture of the problem?
nope, don't have imageshack or such account. It's a known issue, it was posted couple times on grandprixx.com forum, maybe there's a screenshot there.

GPGSL career;
hey ho...

i am wondering too. i think this are the wheels made by me. so, the mclaren wheel should got that lazy bug. it no other or better soultion possible, because of the absence of a display on that wheel. the ferrari one shouldnt have that problem. maybe a reinstall of that single wheel including its depending files could help. i really dont remember such a prob on the red ones wheel... :| i really cant... hmmm
hmm actually didn't try 2006 ferrari this time, but seems that I remembered it from before. Might be wrong.
2007 beta ferrari wheel is fine.

GPGSL career;
you could edit the image file so that the text\numbers become invisible.
It is a bug in the mod. It has to do with the steering wheel display tex I think...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
There on the mirror because there is no where else to put them

You get this in the 1995 mod too, the stuff appears in your left mirror

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy