***** Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours 2008_RELEASED *****

Posted by gildoorf 
Interesting, in detail GPxPatch set debug level to High, and not crash to system ...
good news! sometimes even the smallest details can affect whether there is a crash or not

X (@ed24f1)
True, my system sometimes be moody, do what you want, AI completely... Thank for your help.
i managed to do one lap, tried to look at a replay and i got a crash :(

all other new tracks work perfectly but there seems to be a problem that a few of us are encountering?

i sure hope that the updated track will fix this issue, but its hard to see what is exactly wrong :s

i've got the latest drivers, running a gtx 280 and vista.

it was nice to drive while i could, don't really want to give it another go incase i get another bsod.

i'll run it on high vebrocity to see if it makes a difference

EDIT: just tried again, and got another bsod :(

driving around is fine, but watching replays causes the crash?

hope this tiny information helps :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 02:23AM by ralv585.
Re: ***** Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours 2008_RELEASED *****
Date: January 18, 2009 03:46AM
Posted by: J-C
@jorge

yeah, my reply length is quite long, over 1 hour

does this make a difference?

Re: ***** Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours 2008_RELEASED *****
Date: January 18, 2009 08:38PM
Posted by: J-C
ralv585 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @jorge
>
> yeah, my reply length is quite long, over 1 hour
>
> does this make a difference?

yes it does make a difference. You need to put 1 hour 30 minutes of replay
to view any hotlap, race, or other replays.

Kind regards
Jorge.

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
hi. i play gp4 for almost 8 years. i got hooked on the f1virtual tracks they are amazing, one of the highest quality. i have had problems but usually i have managed to solve them.

but not this time. i still cant make this track work in game. despite of the new release. i have read this topic extensively, installed the latest nvidia drivers (i have a notebook and a quite old geforce 8400m g), tried high, medium and even low gpxpatch verbosity levels too. i seem to have run out of ideas.

do you guys have any other possible solution?

thanks in advance and sorry to bring up such an old topic.
yeah I too have still the problem with my laptop. game freezes when loading is end. I have 8600M 512MB own memory. Track works perfetcly fine in my desktop pc.
when I updated my 8600GT with a new graphicsdriver the screen turned black a couple of laps in every session, race. I could still hear the sound from the game so it did not freeze or crashed. I noticed later that the driver "had stoped working and restarted"

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
I've got a Nvidia 8600 GT too, but I 've never had this problem. I use the 182.08 driver version. Try to install this one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brrrrrrr...

France nightmare is BACK!

No solution coming further, since we were never able to find out what really cause this odd bug.

Maybe some day in the future, but who knows?

Just had another go on the track, it just crashes when i look at the track cam going into the last chicane, if i stick to internal view, its fine, but something is wrong when you look at the tv camera when passing over the last chicane.

hard to know what it is when all your other tracks work perfectly?

maybe new track cameras can be useful then...

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> maybe new track cameras can be useful then...

for me the problem is not track cameras as the game loads but then the game freezes when in cockpit view. it must be graphic related problem for sure.
gildoorf Wrote:
> Brrrrrrr...
>
> France nightmare is BACK!
>
> No solution coming further, since we were never
> able to find out what really cause this odd bug.
>
> Maybe some day in the future, but who knows?

hi... :D

i have no such problems with this track and in my workstation is installed an ASUS EN8600GT PCI-e (GFx 8600GT)... the driver version and control panel settings all can check in the topic below:

[tmp.grandprixgames.org]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Couldn't it be the old driver names troubles : if a driver hasn't a space in his name, he will most probably crash the game.
Now if you imagine this name is a name you barely see when you're racing (because this driver never makes any fastest lap) and that you suddenly point it with a track camera, making GP4 displaying his name and crash...

Just a possible guess anyway.

Excalibur Wrote:
> I've got a Nvidia 8600 GT too, but I 've never had
> this problem. I use the 182.08 driver version. Try
> to install this one.

I have the latest driver mate. The track stopped working properly when I installed the latest driver :(

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
SkaaningeN Wrote:
>
> I have the latest driver mate. The track stopped
> working properly when I installed the latest
> driver :(

install the 169.44 version... sometimes the most updated drivers do not have better results ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
The track is freezing, same to new Bahrain.

Jaques
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy