Fantasy Track (W.I.P) - Page 3 onwards - (Need someone to help with .gp4 file)

Posted by F33LTH3F0RC3 
Great layout.

p.s: in my comment up I need to say "pit gain advantage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
I have good news :).

The track will now load in game and I can see where I'm going but the fences and stuff I put in have a horrible brown to them, litterally everything is brown apart from the track, car and helmet. ;)

Edit:

Made some more progress on the circuit, it's driveable and I just need to get a wall in the pitlane somehow, and then make every wall visible from both sides.

These are the fences in place ;)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 05:22PM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Just a quick update.

Here's a video I made:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

And I've started to mess around with run off area's.

However, this has messed up the positioning of the banks and rails. What can I do to fix this? Is there something that would fix all Rails to Fences or something because my fences are actually correct...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 07:44PM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Wow, really nice!! You are really good at track making!!

Two questions:

Are you going to try and make a Wad for the track, with sponsors, and stuff?
Are you going to make bridges, grandstands, and other things like that?

This is looking brilliant, keep it up!!!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Already got a basic wad for testing and if I can get the time, motivation and help this will become a fully fledged track :).
Ok, you got a PM, from me!! :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Just to let everybody know that after a discussion with msater he has joined the team. He shall be doing anything 3d/ off track. :).
F33LTH3F0RC3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm in the mood to create a track for GP4
> (Something I've never done before, but hey, will
> be something that I can learn from) and I was
> wondering what circuit you would want to see,
> something original preferabbly. I was thinking of
> something like the Toronto Street Circuit or and
> old version of a current track. I'm gonna see what
> your thoughts are before I do anything ;)
>
> Edit:
>
> After many posts I have decided that I am going to
> create the permanent Valencia Circuit.

what a shame... :(

i will be in the crowd that someone finalize the excellent jerez track which is still BETA.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
I've been modifying Turn 2 for the past hour or so, here's the new wider run off.

Some more updates:

I completely re-did the .gp4 file and created a new scene for each different thing such as "banking" and "walls". I've also been remodelling some turn's to give a bit more room for error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 12:38AM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Might as well make a new post now ;)

I've got all the run off's done apart from the last 2 corners, expect another vid tommorow.

Latest Screenshots...

Brilliant! :) Nice work.
Thanks everyone :)

The main track layout is now complete, here's the latest video.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

** Things to do
- Add shadows
- Add scenery (crowds, marshals, crane's etc.)
- Create the CC-Line (Would be grateful if someone who knows what there doing could do that)
- Release ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 02:17PM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Great!

Do you want two suggestions? For the fantasy track.

1 Don't add many grandstands, and a lot of crowd. There are already many GP4 tracks in that way. Why don't you do that track in a country atmosphere? I mean, surrounded by green hills, sheeps and cows.

2 The layout is great.
But long. Why don't you release a shorter version too?
Just a quick update, started to add some trees :o

@Luke_Kinsella

I'm going to give a bit of a street track look, and I'm fine with the layout, it's a 2min lap with mistakes and I don't even know the track yet so it's about the length of Spa ;)
Here's a better looking shot of the trees, I would appreciate it if anyone's willing to help with the graphical side of things :)

wow great circuit. very good very good work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 10:03PM by Stiffmaster99.
Quick update, starting to get annoyed with the .gp4 file mainly because it doesn't seem to do what I want ;).

If anyone would be willing to give me a hand drop me a PM.
Be prepared because the biggest part of the work is now, filling the track with objects, perhaps making your own if your good at modelling, and fixing all the little bugs and the little details. There can be A LOT of them.

In a way you're lucky that you've made it all flat, because it's going to be a lot easier to make the land surrounding the circuit. Creating the land around can be the most annoying task of all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy