Time for Forum Change ?

Posted by mutantaxe 
Time for Forum Change ?
Date: July 19, 2002 08:20PM
Posted by: mutantaxe
Please, no flames just serious discussion, These forums are a big help and whoever did all the work deserves a pat on the back but is it now time to progress to a better "forum hoster" or whatever you would call it. Best way to explain is for people to checkout the forum layout at www.amdmb.com
Just some ideas, you could have seperate groups gor GP4 , GP 3 and whatever other grandprix type games you like as well with different subgroups within each ie.

Main Group

GrandPrix4

Sub group
General
Patches
Troubleshootimg

anyway, just a suggestion but it would make these groups easier to read
Re: Time for Forum Change ?
Date: July 19, 2002 08:41PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

I absolutely whole heartedly DISagree. It's great that there's an F1, Gp3 and Gp4 forum, but dividing them up further would just get crazy. You'd get half arse replies from everybody cos they're too busy trying to cover the 6 odd forums you're suggesting.

In my opinion, the new forum we have now (ie updated recently) should be enough to satisfy the people who want a change :)

Date: July 19, 2002 09:11PM
Posted by: mutantaxe
Keep them in the same groups if you wantl but using the forum types like amdmb makes it easier to read the forums and that way you can read and find what you want a lot easier
Date: July 20, 2002 01:59AM
Posted by: LS.
at the front end of this site it says "The Grand Prix Games Community Is Online!
grandprixgames.org relaunch! A lot of more features coming soon!"

so i expect that the webmasters will do what they think is best, despite what regular contributers suggest

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 20, 2002 03:22AM
Posted by: Glyn
Although I think services such as PM and the other things you get on Vbb would be nice, I always find many subcategories too much.

When I visit here I pick the threads out I havent read, open them up in a new window and work my way through. This would take a lot longer, and be a lot more annoying if there was a cateogry for setups, troubleshooting, laptimes etc. People would also post in the wrong section and it would be a mess.

Leave it as it is! :)

Date: July 20, 2002 04:21AM
Posted by: sts
hmh.. I mean all forums with view all messages at once is not usable for a good discussion!

In "my" forum I can answer directly to a message and all peoples can see this!! (Thread View enabled)

cu

Stephan

--
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 20, 2002 04:33AM
Posted by: Zcott
PM would be nice, but I completely agree with Mika, here. It'd be hard to keep up with all the different subforums, so just putting them all in one is much easier. :-)
Date: July 20, 2002 05:46AM
Posted by: tux
all i want is an edit button :$
and mabey a thing to show the last poster

Date: July 20, 2002 10:29AM
Posted by: Glyn
Yeah, edit button would be nice and useful too.

Subforms wont work here I dont think because we dont create all that many new threads for it to be worthwhile.

Date: July 20, 2002 11:36AM
Posted by: tux
no :(

from now on i will only reply by creating a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy