Pit garages order

Posted by Excalibur 
Pit garages order
Date: December 17, 2008 12:01AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hello, I had to reinstall GP4 recently. I play no CSM mod . I would like to know how I could modify the order of pit garages. I'm playing with a McLaren and the pit garage is Ferrari because Team 1 for me is Mc Laren and Ferrari is team 3... So is there a way to change it manually. I'm precising that I don't want to change the pitcrews or the pitprops in the anim.wad, just the order of the pit garages. Thanks... ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Pit garages order
Date: December 17, 2008 01:55AM
Posted by: Monza972
OK, when using wads use team editor

the car shapes tab, use the drop down lists and move it about. on the left in the grey area will be the original 2001 order. To create the 2008 order you change drop down list next to ferrari to mclaren and then do the same for the others.

the cars shapes' name has to be the originals to work.

e.g. car1_jaguar_lod_0 (thats how the car file name goes right, i've forgotten)

Image courtesy of RealGPX

/EDIT:I see what you meant lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 01:58AM by Monza972.
Date: December 17, 2008 01:56AM
Posted by: pimpones1
ALL you have to do is rename textures..

dont know if you use the PLUS garages , if you do.. the first team

garage_01_back
garage_01_sideS

2ND

garage_02_back
garage_02_sides

________WELCOME BACK SCHUMMY!!________
Date: December 17, 2008 02:06AM
Thanks Monza and Pimpones! So, I have two solutions now.

@ Monza972: Yes, I was just wondering if it would not be easier to change the order of the available carshapes, simply!

@ Pimpones: Thanks mate! I don't use CSM but I use TSM. Can I use it with my personal 2008 track mod? I mean, if I load a PLUS garage file, can I edit it and keep my trackset independently?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 17, 2008 05:06PM
i dont use csm as well.. but you have to check the track files..
open the gp4 file, select the garages and check the name of the textures..

a lotta tracks use ttm plus garages, but still there some track which doesnt..
for exemple.

imola track..

the name of the garage texture is imola_xxx.tex

in this case you have to change the texture.. convert all plus garages to tga.. , select the imola tex, LOAD FROM TGA, select the tga you want, downsample it and save.. its done..

on gp4db theres a pack of plus garages with original gp4 track positions.. you can download it and change the 3d object for those one.. and after it.. just add the plus texutres on wad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 05:07PM by pimpones1.
Date: December 17, 2008 05:44PM
Thanks, mate! I will change garage textures...

Date: December 17, 2008 10:27PM
Posted by: conley12
Hi Monza,

please can you tell me why you can see the textures of the car in the team editor. When i use the team editor my shapes are always grey without texture. Thanks for reply

Con
Date: December 17, 2008 10:31PM
Posted by: Monza972
@Conley12: I have taken the image from RealGPx, however, to assign textures to the car you go the folder where team editor is located and inside of the folder will be another folder full of textures. From here you can assign which texture you want to put on the car with alpha layers. However it isn't a great idea to do this as when you move from one car to the other, the texture will not fit and it will give a great big mass of texture mashup
Date: December 17, 2008 11:10PM
theres anther way..

in the same folder monza mentioned... add the tga´s of the cars ..
open the team editor and SHAZAN... your car will be properly seen with properly textures.

Date: December 18, 2008 02:06PM
Posted by: conley12
Monza972 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Conley12: I have taken the image from RealGPx,
> however, to assign textures to the car you go the
> folder where team editor is located and inside of
> the folder will be another folder full of
> textures. From here you can assign which texture
> you want to put on the car with alpha layers.
> However it isn't a great idea to do this as when
> you move from one car to the other, the texture
> will not fit and it will give a great big mass of
> texture mashup

thanks for your quick answer and the information - ok guy keep racing and nice christmas days...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy