Real world BHP?

Posted by Xipe 
Real world BHP?
Date: July 18, 2002 10:57AM
Posted by: Xipe
Anybody in possession of real BHP values for the 2002 season?
I want my performance file to be as close to reality as possible.
Re: Real world BHP?
Date: July 18, 2002 11:36AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
A quick search of the forum gave me this

ferrari 855
williams 865
mclaren 840
renault 810
bar 810
arrows 825
jaguar 835
jordan 810
sauber 830
minardi 780
toyota 825

But it can't be correct because Toyota are F-off fast cars, better than Honda. Jaguar and Arrows use the same engine, so their different values confuse me somewhat. Give or take a little, these figures seem ok

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 02:26PM
Posted by: rocker
I read that some especulations about BMW engine that it reaches 890 HP, and Ferrari something like 875-880, but u got to see that BMW uses it's engine in max power, this is why they have so much problems, Ferrari because their new gearbox they make faster gear changes, they don't uses the engine in full power, this is why they don't reach 885 or even 890.

I think this year no engine has less than 820 HP, also Jaguar has the new version of Ford engines, this is why their engine are more powerfull than Arrows (I think since Barcelona they had an old version 'cause the team hadn't money to buy for the new one).

For Mercedes and Renault I have no Idea, about Toyota I have a magazine that I got in one exposition from Toyota that they said their F1 engine has about 850HP.

See u,

Vantoil Jr.
Date: July 19, 2002 02:57AM
Posted by: Glyn
BHP figures will never be exact in games simply because the teams wont release them. They'll only release "more or less" figures, so if you use them your game will be quite accurate really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy