Perhaps GP4 and F1 2002 fans can get along after all?

Posted by Morbid 
Have a look at this thread in the High Gear EA F1 200x forums.

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Damn it! Why won't it accept it as a link?!? I'll try again

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

I give up. Just copy and paste to the address bar of your browser.

Testing...

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

Just seeing if I knew how to do it...
If it didn't work (since I can't edit this thing), oh well...

Anyway, quite interesting, and good to see that not everyone is biased about GP4 "over there". Slightly interesting in this "Chopper" view he was going on about...
That's good to see.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
I fully agree,but MP petition have to be signed anyway.

The AI is so challenging!!!!

Boomer
No harm in another person trying LoL......

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

high gear forums never supports web links or imaging

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Hi guys, it's my first time here!!! Anyway I'm an old sim-racer, I'm playing racing games since Enduro from Atari, I had a good time with all the 4 other games from GPX Series (F1GP-WC, GP2, GP3, GP3-2k).

The guy in that forum said he did some changes in the graphic of the game (something like he seted a parametter with "0";). Do u know where he did that?

Also I read somewhere that u could disable the second Monitor of your GForce card, where can I do it? I can't use Nview 'cause it crashes my computer (maybe my GForce 2MX 200 is a lit bit old...).

Thanks for answer me and good race for u all!!!

Vantoil Jr.
Hi Vantoil, welcome to the forum.

In your gp4 folder, there's a text file called f1system or gconfig in it you can change what gfx options you want, more than in gp4 itself.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

just one big ball of anger

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Hello Vantoil Lima Jr.,

This is the old twinview fix for GP3. I know for a fact that the same problem is present in GP4. It and the fix should still work!

(Credits to Timm for this one):

"This is caused by later Nvidia drivers automatically enabling twinview on mx cards. If you chech your monitors under system properties you will see that it is telling you that you have 2 monitors. You should also seebthat gp3 thinks you have 2 geforces as in the graphics setup you will be able to select software,geforce2mx,geforce2mx. vThis only happens with Nvidia drivers above 6.5 I personally have tried just about all drivers from 6.31 up to 12.6 and have found 6.5 to bet the best for my mx (asusv7100) however if you want to use other drivers with the mx then you need to add the following to your registry :
Go To
HKEY_LOCAL_MaCHINE/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA Corporation/Global/System/
create new DWORD TwinViewDisabled
then give it value of 1.
Then restart your computer , this will get rid of the extra monitor and gp3 will run properly."

Try clicking here
The URL linking here is not so good.
Thanks guys!!!

I disabled the twinview and my video really got better. I got about 5 fps in test but I just improved 3 fps in my game to my game don't slow down too much when the text box apear. In fact I don't realize that my game slows down when text box apear.

Thanks and good race all!!!

Vantoil Jr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy