i dont care about pitcrews...

Posted by jp2 
i dont care about pitcrews...
Date: July 18, 2002 01:46AM
Posted by: jp2
hi,

this other thread got a little bit out of hand, didnt read it all (too long), so i just start a new one.
i dont care about pitcrews. i gave them the lowest resolution, and i would have preferred infogrames to spend their time on more important things like multiplayer, bug-checking, tv-timings in free practice and so on...

i would like to know... is there anybody resting and waiting for the pit radio to give you the command before he leaves the pits ? i am alway halfway down the pitlane when i hear them call their "fertig" far behind in my back. sometimes i wave them goodbye. ridiculous.

just my two pennies... greetings, jp
Re: i dont care about pitcrews...
Date: July 18, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: tiger
Yes i do wait, they wait until the AI have passed, thus safe.

Like my sig? TELL ME!!!! =P
Date: July 18, 2002 04:49AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think the pitcrews were a vital addition. That was the weakpoint of gp3, and they addressed it well.
Multiplayer won't happen, as the fia licence doesnt cover it.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 04:56AM
Posted by: Morbid
If you do just a quick search in the old forum, you will get 96 entries with "pitcrew" and 204 with "pit crew". I have not even bothered searching for the plurals and other spellings, but I certainly do remember a lot of people making a lot of fuss over the old cardboard pit crews. Now they are gone, and thats bad as well?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 18, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: jp2
i never understood why people were making such a big deal over pitcrews in gp3, everybody wanted 3d-animated pitmen.

to me, the only difference is that i always have to wait a few seconds until i am lowerded down, before i am allowed to go onto the track. so in this special point, i like gp1/2/3 better than gp4...

but on the other hand... these physics, this unbelivable AI, these gps tracks (so narrow, so up and down). what a great game gp4 is.

greetings, jp
Date: July 18, 2002 06:32AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
But surely this is a logical development, an attempt to push the genre forward? It isnt vital by any means, but it is important to most people, because a game can be improved through AI and physics, but if it isnt visually better too, what warrants the two year wait?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy