Latest sb live 5.1 drivers what is the version no and where

Posted by Vito 
Looking for sb live 5.1 drivers...do you know what verison is current and where did you get them from

I remember a thread saying this on this board

Thanks for you help

My Machine,
MB K7VZA, AMD Athlon K7 Thunderbird 1.3g, 512ram, 20g wd hdd
CreAtive Sb Live 5.1, Nv Geforce 3 Ti 128ram with 30.42 drivers,
Windows ME (partioned) KeyBoard racing . frapps..29 to 32 frames
try here vito

[asia.creative.com]

if you get no joy from that site, try narrowing it down from the usa site

[www.creative.com]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
thanks LS.

I'll give it a try

My Machine,
MB K7VZA, AMD Athlon K7 Thunderbird 1.3g, 512ram, 20g wd hdd
CreAtive Sb Live 5.1, Nv Geforce 3 Ti 128ram with 30.42 drivers,
Windows ME (partioned) KeyBoard racing . frapps..29 to 32 frames
There are some updates to the software (Playcenter etc) on the www.soundblaster.com site but the drivers on the cdrom shipped are the latest if I understand it correctly.

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
The drivers on the CD are never the latest as they are about 2 months old. Always check www.creative.com for Sound Blaster updates.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Well if your looking for the full drivers then they are only on the driver CD. The site dosn't have the full drivers. In the past Liveware 3.0 was avaliable but they removed it from the site ages ago though....... However they have driver updates..........

I just looked on the US, Asia and Europe sites as sometimes they have different stuff, but they all have the same for Live5.1 namely

For Win9xME

Playcenter2
Wavestudio updates
Full CDROM for "people who lost their CDROM" (19.02MB)

I downloaded it and compared it to my original "box CD" from 18 months ago and it is the same. Even Playcenter and Wave studio are the same levels. So I guess the updates above were only for very early Live 5.1 Shipments ?

In addition there is an XP driver update available. (8.85MB)

Liveware was scrapped it says on the FAQ page for cost reasons and all program and driver updates WILL continue to be made as separate items.

That probably explains why there are none - They don't care about the older iron and only develop for Audigy (despite what the FAQ says !)

Hopefully this clarifies the situation. :-)

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
This is a good 3rd party rescource center. Maybe you can find something interesting here:

[alive.singnet.com.sg]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
BEWARE !

I have just done some testing with the current SBLive 5.1 package available on all Creative Web Sites which was dated May2002 they describe it as follows:

This web release is a standalone package of Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 meant for existing 5.1 card users who have lost their installation CD. (For Windows 95, 98/98SE and Millennium). Supported models are the SB 0060.

This release also includes the following Creative Audio software suite (English only) :

Creative Surround Mixer (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)
Creative AudioHQ (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)
Creative Installer 1.00.07 (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)

OK thats it - it is a VERY cut down version. NO apps, soundbanks, samples, no wave studio, no playcenter (if you use it) NO FRILLS - NO CONTENT.

My original Live5.1 CDROM is 608MB big and contains LOADZ MORE STUFF

Also the level of the drivers AND the 3 components that the above DOES include is EXACTLY the same as the base CDROM (I bought mine 18months ago approx) Also the Playcenter 2 on the web is an UPDATE of v1.71 or above so if you havn't got the base product it is no good to you at all.

If you want to be at latest level use original CDROM and then download latest Playcenter v2.5.2

The WaveStudio Update (Only available on US Site) is actually a lower level (v4.05 dated 1998) than the base CDROM which is v4.10.3.0. dated April 2001

Hope this helps !

Latest drivers are found on the new cd rom Creative sells. It is the one who is common for both Live and Audigy series and has updated liveware for WinXP.
The drivers contained therein will be online for download lather this month in a 50mb file.
This according to a Creative representative who emailed me in response to a bug I reported to them.
BTW the bug was related to midi stuff so nothing to do with our game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy