Xbox 360 Controller

Posted by Dazza92 
Xbox 360 Controller
Date: November 08, 2008 02:10AM
Posted by: Dazza92
I have an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.. I would like to know how I can get this controller to work in the game. I have tried it myself but it is too confusing and I dont understand.

Can any of you guys send me your "Saved Controls" or just take me through a quick guide how to set it up?

Cheers
Re: Xbox 360 Controller
Date: November 08, 2008 06:09AM
Posted by: mortal
I think somebody made a post about something like this a couple of weeks or so back, the response was that it would be crap even if you could get it to work. The accelerator would be either full on or off, which isn't ideal.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 08, 2008 08:13PM
Posted by: danny87
You could use the 2 top rear buttons for the accelerator and brake, then you can control the amount of input.

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: November 08, 2008 08:49PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Ok, I remember that I had troubles to configure the Xbox 360 controller with GP4.I use another gamepad but I have tried again this afternoon:

Here is the link: Xbox 360 controller for GP4

1- Put the file into your GPsaves folder
2- launch the game and in advanced commands options, load the xbox360.con file
3- Calibrate

Here are the commands:
Accelerate: RT button
Break: LT button
Steering wheel: Left joystick
Shift up: RB button
Shift down: LB button
Pits request: B button

You can modify control buttons and sensibility in advanced controller options.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 13, 2011 01:17PM
Posted by: BillehJean
Bump post pretty much, just wanted to say thank you. this setup worked well for me :)
Date: June 13, 2011 03:54PM
Glad that it helped you ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 04, 2013 12:12AM
Posted by: JakeTucker
Hi all, first post.

I'm posting as I wouldn't mind a copy of that xbox360 gamepad .con file that Excalibur uploaded to Megaupload. Excalibur/anybody?

Thanks.
Date: August 04, 2013 12:19AM
Posted by: mortal
Send a pm to Excalibur.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 04, 2013 05:46PM
Thanks mortal. I've just sent a PM to Excalibur.
Date: August 04, 2013 06:31PM
As I said in my PM, I was looking for it into my old files but I didn't find it, unfortunately.

I am using a Xbox 360 controller for Windows to play my other games. I didn't try with GP4.

But I am going to try with this one, if it is supported.

I will post the file if it works... ;-)

Date: August 04, 2013 07:22PM
Posted by: phantaman
;-)

1) [www.grandprixgames.org]

2) [www.grandprixgames.org]

or

3) [www.google.com.br]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: August 04, 2013 10:54PM
Posted by: jpc123
the link is not working, do you have a working link please
Date: August 05, 2013 12:58AM
Bad news...

1- I didn't find my .con file. I looked for it everywhere it was possible.
2- I tried to configure my xbox 360 controller for windows with GP4 but it didn't work well. I tried also with Xpadder. The problem is with the analogic axis settings and calibration (although it works well with my analogic Tech tools gamepad but it is older ).

The solution is eventually is to contact BillehJean (8 posts above) who has downloaded my .con file 2 years ago or to follow Phantaman links above (thanks for help)...

Date: August 05, 2013 08:58AM
Posted by: ginnerchris
This is the .con file I use for my 360 controller running Windows 8

XBOX controller.con - Google Drive
Date: August 06, 2013 09:28PM
Thanks all for your replies.
-phantaman - I found 1) and 2) before making my first post.
1) is about the xbox gamepad. Years ago when I modded my first xbox (BBB - the Big Black Box) I also made a cable with a standard USB connector for the gamepad to use with a PC. I still have it but it can't be used for games because of wear and tear over the years. If I move the left analog stick up it stays in the up position on it's own! I've taken it apart and cleaned it which doesn't fix the problem. I still use the xboxBBB for XBMC and control it with a xboxBBB remote.
2) is about the xbox360 gamepad but doesn't help me. My xbox360 gamepad came with my xbox360. Connect it to Win8Pro and it 'just works'. I guess Win8Pro comes with a driver already.
3) I didn't do a google search of this site. Maybe there is a post in there somewhere in which somebody offers a xbox360 gamepad con file.

When I tried to configure the xbox360 gamepad, and I've only tried once, I was really tired which might explain things. Or as I said to Excalibur in a PM maybe it's old age, I'm in my late 40s, and maybe I'm losing my marbles!
Years ago, I got the game in the week it was released, I configured my wheel for GP4 without any problems. I don't have that wheel, or any wheel, anymore. I haven't played the game for years but after putting together a new PC recently I thought I'd install a few old games including GP4. After having trouble configuring the gamepad I thought I'd have a quick look online to see if somebody has a con file for the xbox360 gamepad.

What it comes down to, and it might be hard for some people to understand, is that I'd really like to play GP4 and the thought of trying but failing to configure the xbox360 gamepad a second time is something I'm trying to avoid. The thought is almost scary - why didn't I have problems years ago configuring a wheel and now I can't even configure a gamepad. I've been using computers since the early days of the Spectrum. My Windows PC is only for games and is not connected to my modem/router unless it has to be. I use an older PC with Linux Debian for online stuff. I'm using it right now. I'm no coder but have no problems with command line/terminal as that's all there was when I was younger. I regularly compile programs.

Well enough of my history and worries. Thanks ginnerchris for the file.
Date: August 07, 2013 01:33AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
It's best to set the controller as a wheel in GP4. I've done it before but my main PC isn't working so I can't upload my .con file.
Date: August 08, 2013 12:12PM
Thanks again ginnerchris. I loaded your con file last night, went through the analog stick configuration, and had a blast playing some quick races.
I don't think it's a case of losing my marbles but I've had a lot of stress and setbacks in my life recently which results in having little patience with anything. Maybe I should buy a wheel - it might cheer me up a bit!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy