Pitcrew is all white

Posted by commandguy 
Pitcrew is all white
Date: July 11, 2002 04:39AM
Posted by: commandguy
The title says it all.How to solve this?I need your help really much.Please help me.And,eh,when is that patch coming out?

Grand Prix 4 pitcrew should not be white:(
Re: Pitcrew is all white
Date: July 11, 2002 04:59AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Sounds like a graphics card issue. What card do you have?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 11, 2002 05:03AM
Well,i don't got a real videoCARD,i got a graphics controller:Intel 82810 graphics controller.But if it should be the graphics controller,shouldn't the game be all white?

Date: July 11, 2002 05:49AM
[www.intel.com]

Get the latest drivers, I'd say.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 11, 2002 09:33AM
Well,this doesn't help.Pitcrew is still white.Does someone knows another solution?Or give a direct download for the driver newer than version 6.6 for my graphics controller?

Date: July 11, 2002 09:56AM
Posted by: Morbid
From [www.intel.com]

"The Intel® 810/815 chipset families will dynamically allocate video memory up to 32 MB with the PV 6.x graphics drivers. The amount of video memory cannot be adjusted by the user. For more details on the Dynamic Video Memory Technology of the Intel 810 and 815 chipset family, please see the DVMT White paper. "

As far as I can see that means that the graphics controller has no dedicated VGA memory at all. GP4 needs a minimum of 16 mb of dedicated VGA ram. Your controller just uses either AGP or another technology to gain access to system ram. That just doesn't cut the mustard.

My guess is that the game simply cannot get the textures to you VGA card fast enough, since it constantly has to access system ram instead of its on dedicated memory. So it just doesn't place any textures on the pit crew. Hence they are white. We have seen the same problem with other integrated Intel VGA controllers.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 11, 2002 10:53AM
Posted by: TrevorWitt
Damn, just what I was going to say! ;) Yeah, it's a texture memory problem for sure and not a driver issue. Commandguy you should really consider getting a dedicated graphics accelerator as the Intel on-board device is really only suitable for running Windows and application software..
Date: July 11, 2002 12:30PM
I tried to put a Riva TNT II M 64 in my computer once,but because of that,my computer ended up like dogshit.I had to format my computer because of that(didn't try again after farmatting though).So i'm pretty scared to give it another shot with a videocard.And,oh,yeah,almost forgot,i only got PCI-slots,so a good videocard.....i don't think so.Yeah,the geforce 2 is for the PCI-slot for a little while,i heard,but that card is way to expensive,i think,to just buy that.

So,guys,is there really no other solution?I tried that 2002 patch for GP 4,but that makes the game crash in about 20 minutes.I think i have to wait for that official patch to come.Somebody knows a release that for that patch?

But,guys,please keep thinking and replying what could be a solution.
But you sayd,Morbid,that i got to less texture memory,huh?But the strange thing is to me,why is the pitcrew white and not something else of the game?

ps,keep thinking for a solution please,please,please....

Date: July 11, 2002 12:43PM
There is no other solution. Your pc can't load the textures fast enough. Pitcrew is quick movement, so there is a lot to load....probably why only pitcrew is afected.

Seriously, you should consider getting a gfx card. Some great deals can be seen in the thread "ATI or Nvidia?" and many recent ones.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 11, 2002 04:24PM
Posted by: pikflo_MHrulz
is the road a grayish green coulor?i have the same probs as you and i have the same card as you.i also now that jordangp2001 has the same probs as us.
Date: July 12, 2002 05:45AM
MIKE INSON wrote:
>
> is the road a grayish green coulor?i have the same probs as
> you and i have the same card as you.i also now that
> jordangp2001 has the same probs as us.

Yeah,i sometimes got very strange road colors indeed.
Maybe i buy an Xbox somewhere in september,oktober,so maybe this is not a problem anymore.I'll just buy the game for Xbox.But for now,it is a problem.

Eh,guys,another question....What card should you suggest to Mike inson and me?And remember,i only got PCI-slots.

Date: July 12, 2002 09:17AM
Err, I don't think the official patch will improve matters much, it's a fundamental problem with texture memory on those Intel cards so I doubt the patch will address that. The minimum requirement is for a 16Mb 3D Card, and that's dedicated memory, not shared system RAM. The first patch will likely address compatibility issues, bugs and stability, I don't think lowering the minimum requirements for the texture routines will be among them, unfortunately for you..
Date: July 12, 2002 09:19AM
I take it you have tried running the game at 640x480 with low detail settings to see if that fixes it?
Date: July 12, 2002 09:35AM
Already tried that.Sorry.Thanks for your help though.

Should it help if i buy the Geforce 2 64 MB PCI?It's

Date: July 12, 2002 09:57AM
Yeah, I think that will do the trick, I'm running the game on an Athlon 1Ghz with a 64Mb AGP GeForce 2 GTS Ultra and I'm getting 25 fps with all detail settings at Medium at 1024x768 @ 32Bit colour. The game simply looks and runs perfectly for me..
Date: July 12, 2002 10:55AM
Well,myabe i'm going to buy the card then.Thanks for all the help,guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy