Critical injury.....

Posted by Willow_GP 
Critical injury.....
Date: July 10, 2002 05:14AM
Posted by: Willow_GP
As a keyboard-using GP4 driver I have just suffered the worst injury imaginable:- I broke my finger playing football !! I now have great difficulty turning right as my 'right' finger is strapped to the finger next to it. I read in Autosport there are now serious concerns about my future but I'll try to battle through the pain barrier and prove the doubters wrong....
Re: Critical injury.....
Date: July 10, 2002 05:27AM
Posted by: Boomy
Buy a wheel.

Boomer
Date: July 10, 2002 12:36PM
Posted by: Glyn
I read in Autosport there are now serious concerns about my future

I never knew you were the editor of AutoSport? :)

Date: July 11, 2002 01:39AM
Posted by: Willow_GP
A wheel?!? GP4 was meant to be played with keys! I've spent 10 years using A, Z, < and >..... I'm not changing now :o)
Date: July 11, 2002 03:39AM
Posted by: Glyn
GP4 was meant to be played with keys!

F1GP and GP2 were :)

Date: July 11, 2002 03:53AM
How can you modulate steering,acceleration,brakes with keyboard?

In this way you play GP4 at 12% of his potentiality.

It takes no more than an hour to get used to wheel!!!

Boomer
Date: July 11, 2002 03:55AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I know what Willow means. The keyboard is so great as a control method in gpx games that it often seems rather pointless to shell out for a wheel.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 11, 2002 06:12AM
Posted by: lionrampant78
If its that important using a wheel, why don't you lot shell out for one for poor willow. He might be on the social for all we know !!!! lol
Date: July 11, 2002 07:53AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
LOL John!

Nick Court uses the keyboard, so :p I think the keyboard works amazingly well with gpx

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 11, 2002 08:32AM
Mick Doohan raced with broken ankles,so if you are a real driver you have to persevere....

Otherwise you could use the Teethtrustmaster FF from MS....

Hope you will be ready soon guy...

Boomer
Date: July 11, 2002 02:54PM
Posted by: Larry
The title of your post scared me. I thought it might be something like your force-feedback wheel popping you in the jaw after a head-on collision! On second thought, only F12002 force-feedback would be capable of that. (Sorry, just couldn't resist that bit of sarcasm.)
;-)

Date: July 11, 2002 05:06PM
Posted by: seemsnice
Eureka - I have it -

Go buy Nascar 2002 they only turn left on the ovals - so no problem with the "right turn finger" !!!

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
Date: July 12, 2002 01:57PM
Posted by: Ellis
lol, they do have two road tracks :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 12, 2002 04:24PM
True - but he could skip the road tracks -

Hey you lose a few points but those Nascar rednecks score 4000 points for a win and 1000 for most laps in 9th place while driving anticlockwise with a beer balanced on your head !

So he could soon catch up - LOL

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
Date: July 13, 2002 08:37AM
Posted by: make
You cant drive nascar 2002 without a wheel!
Well yes you can but then you have no control of the car.
and what comes to your points giving joke the point system is much better than the one in formula 1 because its not the same if you finish 7th or 22th.
And you only get 5 points for leading and 5 more for leading the most!

( I understand you where joking but still had to do this )
Date: July 13, 2002 08:43AM
[image]http://www.ruutulippu.net/news_images/news_274.jpg[/image]
Date: July 13, 2002 08:44AM
Date: July 14, 2002 12:01AM
Posted by: Morbid
Perhaps, like this?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 14, 2002 04:45AM
Well seems I hurt someones feelings again !

For the record I LOVE all Nascar games - although I mocked the points system in jest ! Nascar 2002 and Nascar Heat are my favourites but I have most of the old ones too. I went to see the Atlanta 500 in 1999 or 2000 ? while training at IBM Atlanta. I know europeans mock NASCAR but I think that slipstreaming on ovals is incredibly difficult to master. If you havn't tried Nascar games - give them a go they are FUN !

Hell I can even WIN on ovals - I LIKE going anticlockwise all day, I can do that just fine. Just wish I could win at Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen too !

Anyway I think I will give up this forum posting "business" - I just keep upsetting too many people. I don't mean to cause offence - honest !

I think I will go watch the Moto GP instead before I offend someone else. I think it is on today ???

Date: July 14, 2002 06:30AM
No you didnt upset me and you are right its hard to slipstream on ovals and the competition in leagues is great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy