Monitor Refresh Rates

Posted by sasjag 
Monitor Refresh Rates
Date: July 04, 2002 09:59AM
Posted by: sasjag
Hi here, does anyone know how i can find what my monitors maximum refresh rate, and would it make a difference to gp4??

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Re: Monitor Refresh Rates
Date: July 04, 2002 01:24PM
Posted by: stallin
right-click anywhere on your desktop(not in a window).it should open up a menu, left-click on properties at the bottom,it will open up the display properties box,left-click on the tab that says settings,the left-click on the tab that says advanced(this should be at the bottom under the resolution box)this will open up another box that is your graphics card display properties,left-click on the tab that says ADAPTER on your monitor refresh will be displayed at the bottom and what refresh rates are available.I not sure what you should have your rate set at or wether it makes any diffrence but i did read somewhere that anything over 75hz is acceptable and okay on the eyes.hope this helps
Date: July 04, 2002 01:41PM
Posted by: Vader
better refer to the manual of y<our monitor or search the web for info. Wrong settings can damage youtr monitor. If you follow mike's advice you will only know what your graphic card has to offer, but not if your monitor can cope with it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 04, 2002 01:47PM
Posted by: sasjag
thanx guys, i did it in the end. my monitor is able to cope with 75hz so i chganged it to that. My frame rate has increased by 2 now

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 06, 2002 05:25PM
Posted by: tux
mine can only do 60 at 1280*960*32 :';(.

oh well, ill have to settle for turning off VSync so i can get more fps :D

Date: July 06, 2002 05:43PM
Posted by: mczepp
Trying pressing the buttons on your monitoer. The on-screen display says I am at 83.5hz at 1024
Date: July 06, 2002 06:17PM
Posted by: Spike02
my daewoo 710b goes up to 65 hz and boy does it give me a headache. paracetamol anyone?
Date: July 06, 2002 07:08PM
Posted by: Vader

here you are :-)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy