GP4Master problem..

Posted by MViper 
GP4Master problem..
Date: July 01, 2002 06:20AM
Posted by: MViper
i have this 1.2 version and i have few problems.. i was looking all over the forums but found nothing what i'm looking for.. it's a minor problem i guess..

i can't import graphix into GP4.. tell me what i'm doing wrong:

1. I open cars.wad file
2. i extract files into the cars.wad.gp4master directory (i can't create my own, there's some sort of error..?!)
3. Than i replace tex files, i downsample 'em (i'm trying to install new michelin tires into the game, original sox:))
4. i save it
5. than i go to wad workshop
6. create wad from directory
7. write in directory's name (cars.was.gp4master)
8. type in filename.. cars.wad

and that's supposed to be it?

But there's a problem.. the cars.wad is saved under GP4master directory and it's 4kb's (yes kilobytes) long.. what the hell's wrong? What i'm doing
wrong? Where d'i miss something?

Thanx pals!

I would like to try my luck with 2002 cars, i think i'm averagely good, but i hafta find some guy who does good carshapes.. so i'm thinking about releasing 2002 carset for GP4, if Ralph fails to do that..
Re: GP4Master problem..
Date: July 01, 2002 06:40AM
Posted by: Brian J
I had the same problem at first. The solution, I think, is that when you change to the tex editing window the programme clears the wad editing window. When you return to the wad window there are no files listed.

What I do, is there a better way?, is copy the edited folders to desktop when I have finished using tex editing, re-open the wad from the game then copy back the edited files from desktop then create the new wad in the game. It works Ok. Hope that makes sense. I am sure there is a simpler way; i'm just not sure what it is!!
Date: July 01, 2002 06:40AM
Posted by: Brian J
I had the same problem at first. The problem, I think, is that when you change to the tex editing window the programme clears the wad editing window. When you return to the wad window there are no files listed.

What I do, is there a better way?, is copy the edited folders to desktop when I have finished using tex editing, re-open the wad from the game then copy back the edited files from desktop then create the new wad in the game. It works Ok. Hope that makes sense. I am sure there is a simpler way; i'm just not sure what it is!!
Date: July 02, 2002 01:52AM
Posted by: MViper
Hello!

Brian thanx for the answer!

If i get u right.. first u extract files, edit 'em with tex editor and copy fileNAMES into let's say notepad, save 'em, and than go to wad editor
and copy the names of edited files there? are u sure that's gonna work?
i have feeling, that only edited files will be repacked back into card.wad
file not every other files?

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: July 02, 2002 06:14AM
Posted by: mickg
MViper,

I have found at your point #8, if I type in the name 'cars' it doesn't work properly. So i type in any name (for example: mick) without the wad extension and it gets saved to the GP4master dir. If it is 22.5 mb its ok and i will delete old cars.wad, move 'mick' to GP4 directory and rename to cars.wad. Works for me,try it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy