F1 2002 and Grand Prix 4

Posted by SupernovaHeights 
Re: David Watson driver 29.80
Date: July 01, 2002 06:22PM
Posted by: seemsnice
David do you mean 29.80 Nvidia drivers ? or 28.90 which were previous version as recommended by Morbid ?

Latest 11th June Official Nvidia Ref drivers are 29.42.

There is another post elsewhere asking where to find 29.80 drivers - probably read about them here - please confirm if 29.80 exist and link to download - cheers

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
Re: F1 2002 and Grand Prix 4
Date: July 01, 2002 06:39PM
Did nobody else see this comment in David Watsons post:

David Watson wrote:

> oh yeah and for all those people who are having frames
> problems and u have a Nvidia based card use the 29.80
> drivers, I get 31 frames using a Geforce2 MX 32mb on a P3 600

did you take this in ?

Do you believe it when guys with 1.5 to 2.0 GHz Intels and AMDs with GEForce4 tiXXX moan at getting less than 30fps ??

comments please.....

PIII 1.0GHz Abit SA6-R MSI GEForce3 512MB SBLive5.1 Win98SE/XPPRO dual boot Mirrored IBM 7200rpm UDMA100 disks Guillemot Ferrari FF Wheel
Re: David Watson driver 29.80
Date: July 01, 2002 06:48PM
Posted by: SupernovaHeights
Seemsnice, I mean the Nvidia 29.80 drivers that are not yet official but ARE WHQL Certified. I found them at [www.guru3d.com]

If you need any more help just post a message :)

Cheers
Dave
Date: July 01, 2002 08:28PM
Posted by: Morbid
Ermm not to disturb you or anything, but I recommended 28.32. But don't let that bother you. There is ample reason to try other drivers too.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 01, 2002 09:52PM
Posted by: SupernovaHeights
Morbid, of course some people might get different results on different drivers all I wanted to do was share with the people the results i'm getting with the 29.80 drivers. maybe that could benefit some people I dunno.
Date: July 01, 2002 09:59PM
Posted by: Morbid
No problem at all David Watson.

I DO think that sharing info and performance is a good thing. And I do also think that there might be some good drivers to be found out there, and also it is very likely drivers that there are better drivers than the ones I have recommended.

It was just that my recommendation was connected, earlier in the thread, with a version number I didn't recommend. And I wanted to correct that as quitely as possible. I guess I failed :)

It must be the large sig...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 02, 2002 04:35AM
SORRY MORBID !

My mistake, I took your name in vain !

I just checked the email you sent me and YOU ARE RIGHT - YOU DID recommend 28.32 drivers that you were using. I DID try the 28.32 drivers as your email suggested and I replied (by email) with the results last weekend.

Anyway over at Tweakers Asylum HERE:

[www.tweakersasylum.com]

There is a database and HUGE list off downloadable drivers - I think ALL NVidia drivers but also I think Radeon and Voodoo etc.

The Database includes benchmark tests on the more recent drivers and it shows, surprise surprise ! That overall in d3d and opengl there is very little difference between v28.xx and v29.xx drivers - but some 29.32 (latest Ref driver on Nvidia's site) look poor in comparison to others. The 29.80 drivers look good in the tests at higher resolutions but on occasions are beaten on lower res's. Read it for yourself - I am about to try these 29.80 drivers and will report back my results later. Any improvement will be gratefully accepted !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy