YOU JUST GOTTA WATCH THIS !!!!!!!!! IT SHOWS JUST HOW ACCURATE GP4 REALLY IS

Posted by LS. 
Some one has overlayed a lap of melbourne from gp4 with a realife onboard lap with raikenen

its so accurate you won't believe it

be warned though its 10mb in size but boy is it worth the wait

get it here

[www.drivingitalia.com]

now tell me GP4 is'nt all its cracked up to be

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
the tracks accuracy's fairly impressive but it really highlights how sterile the driving model is. GP4 looks like the cars on rails and raikkonen slides about all over the place
There's also quite the lack of lines on the road! But it looks great. Someone should do an F1-2002 comparison, too.
GP4 is awesome!! Raikkonen was correcting the wheel alot in real life, the car seems to easy to steer in gp4, it seems like you dont get much sliding about according to that video.

My friend has a video of Barrichello in Imola and himself playing GP3, almost exact.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
although the physics capabilitys are still being debated, you cannot fail to see that the gps data actually works :-)

where are papyrus when you need them?

LS's Tip of the week
The track layout is nigh on perfect but the sponsors and surroundings are quite different (but then it is the 2002 race) F1 2002 physics engine seems a lot more realistic to me when I watch an onboard lap like that. Gp4 is fun to drive (mainly because if the great AI) but its more arcade than simulation. F1 2002's physics engine is much more complex and it shows.
someone said on another forum the other day that he gave his friends who never play racing games a go on F1 2002 and they were spinning off on every corner as you would expect but when they had a go at GP4 they looked like pros almost straight away. If I thought driving an F1 car was as easy as it is in GP4 I would lose a lot of the respect I have for them (the same goes for F1 2002 but to a much lesser extent)
I meant I would lose the respect I have for the drivers of course, not the cars :-)
That video sure makes you realise how good the track modelling is in GP4. Very accurate, and a lot better than F1 2002. The only area F1 2002 is better really on the tracks are the lines painted on the track.

I wanna know how that video of GP4 was captured though.

I also find it incredible that they managed to get the kurb colour wrong, they took 6000 photos and didn't notice!? then again a GPx game wouldn't be the same without some inaccurate kurbs :-)
The link is dead now.....?

:';(

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
try this one alex

[www.multiplayer.it]

LS's Tip of the week
Cheers mate :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Wow that's some nice (but sluggish) oversteer the real Raikkonen gets into turn one!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
yeah I remember watching that live, for some reason they showed loads of onboard from Raikkonen for that race so I thought they'd finally decided to put more in but since there hasn't been that much. :-(
can someone post some screenshots or is this not possible.

LS's Tip of the week
=====================================================
the tracks accuracy's fairly impressive but it really highlights how sterile the driving model is. GP4 looks like the cars on rails and raikkonen slides about all over the place

Raikkonen was correcting the wheel alot in real life, the car seems to easy to steer in gp4, it seems like you dont get much sliding about according to that video.

the site that i found about this video comparison had a comment further down the thread by F1Racer ( compiled and drove the gp4 comparison) said that he had done that lap as kimi using the keyboard.

so its not a fair comparison to say that gp4 handles differently and does'nt slide so much

keyboard driving has the steering assist switched on

if he drove the same lap with a steering wheel with traction control switched off, he's be twitching and sliding through the corners too

LS's Tip of the week
I've got to agree with LS,

I drove GP4 last night with a steering wheel (logitech formula force)
and had accidentally turned off traction control.

I couldn't understand why everytime I tried to accelerate from standstill in a straight line the car would twitch and spin out.

I very much recommend people try this game with a wheel and the aids
(steering help/traction control) turned off.
anyone want to see F1Racers next GP4 vs real life F1 video?

it features a lap of monaco with rubens (9.73mb)

[www.multiplayer.it]

LS's Tip of the week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy