AI Cars and how they go........

Posted by roysa44444 
AI Cars and how they go........
Date: June 30, 2002 04:50AM
Posted by: roysa44444
Hi all, just wondering if any people have a story or two on how the ai cars go during the race, here are some questions

are there any accidents caused by ai cars rather than you the player?

have u ever come up to yellow flags at an accident not caused by you?

also do ai cars lose control and run off at various stages?

how is the natural car realism for retirments wen it comes to the ai cars eg loose wheels, transmission probs ect are these often occuring?

tell me any experinces u have had of the above things happening, cos i hate it wen all the action during the race is caused by the human players, makes it more interesting wen computer cars take out each other aswell

thanx
roy
Re: AI Cars and how they go........
Date: June 30, 2002 05:14AM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
the answer is yes
i have come across AI cars having accidents without any intervention from me, yes they do break down and the AI cars do slow down on yellow flags.

most of the time its just pushing and shoving on bends whre the ai cars are knocked off the track or rub each others wheels trying to scramble around the 1st or 2nd corners

i have also noticed on occasion cars getting beached in the kitty litter or on kerbs
Date: June 30, 2002 05:44AM
Posted by: genesis
Every question you asked can be answered by a firm yes. AI cars can crash or crash into eachother and cause the yellow flags to come out, and they can also experience failures, which happen as realistically as it happens in real life. And yes the AI cars run wide.

I was driving at the A1 Ring and I was Hakkinen, driving ahead of DC and Ralf who were battling for second. COulthard tried a move down the outside and he braked too late and ran wide into the gravel trap, causing the marshalls to wave the yellow flags until his car had been cleared.
Date: June 30, 2002 08:44AM
Posted by: Starbuck
I've been playing GP4 for a few days already, but I think the AI is not that good as expected! I haven't still seen any big accident caused by a AI car and I haven't been hit from another car from behind yet. Also the amount of retirements is very low, in a race there are mostly just a few retirements and sometimes does it happen that even all cars finsish! Thats quit unrealistic, maybe I did't play the game enough yet but I don't see any improved AI compared with GP3 2000!!!
Date: June 30, 2002 09:20AM
Posted by: genesis
If you're playing on 100% race setting, you get a realistic amount of retirements. Besides, it's not impossible to have every car finish a race...
Date: June 30, 2002 09:56AM
Posted by: Glyn
Thats one thing that annoyed me with F1GP, and in a way GP2. It wasn't uncommon for all the cars to finish, where in those days that never happened. Now its possible, but GP4 seems to simulate retirements in a realistic way.

Date: June 30, 2002 01:42PM
Posted by: ddaddy
If at the end of the race, during the in lap you slowly try to pass another car he will weave to try and stop you also I was racing at Indianapolis and DC was just in front along the back straight just before the corner he opened the door and as I started to edge up he closed it causing me to break and lose the racing line, very clever on the next time round he stayed wide just to make sure.

Into games not the systems[/centre]
Date: June 30, 2002 02:02PM
Posted by: Zcott
Only about 4 cars didn't finish at the Nurburgring this year.
Date: June 30, 2002 02:56PM
Posted by: dave
AI cars dont ever get hit with a black flag though.
Date: July 01, 2002 03:30AM
Posted by: Glyn
True, they dont make mistakes like that, but I have seen them slide wide in the rain and make general mistakes, that, unlike in GP3 actually look believeable rather than just trying to take a corner flat out

Date: July 01, 2002 06:49AM
Posted by: dave
I think the AI is definately better in 4. A freind of mine (no it wasnt me)was playing and running toward the back of the field. It seemed much harder for him to keep ahead of the leading card trying to lap him than was the case in 2000.
Date: July 01, 2002 07:51AM
Posted by: ddaddy
I like to start my quick race from 16th on the grid, I was racing in Melbourne when I came across 3 cars off the track, I replayed the event focusing on one of the cars using TV view, well as it came out of a corner it spun which forced the two following cars to take to the gravel, one losing it's nose. I was 3 cars behind so had nothing to do with this.

Into games not the systems[/centre]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy