New GP4 user having problems 'FIXED with updated graphics drivers'

Posted by ROBITUSSIN JR. 
Hello I am a new GP4 user and I have been having the same problems most people have had with the game crashing to the desktop. I have tried everything I have read here and it still crashes ocasionally,also when I try to see the info of the tracks the screen goes black but the music keeps playing and the only way I can exit the game is by the task manager. I would really apreciate any help anybody can give me, I spent 118 bucks on a steering wheel only to play it so you can understand my frustation.

P.S. Please forgive me if there are grammar mistakes english is not my first language.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2008 10:35AM by mortal.
Re: New GP4 user having problems
Date: September 10, 2008 11:51PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Two advices to start with GP4 :
- disable anti-aliasing from your graphical card control panel
- disable multi-threading by using GPxpatch and by setting CPU combobox to CPU0

Date: September 11, 2008 01:03AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Where can I find the graphic card control panel? I tried everything else but disabling the anti- aliasing and it still crashes. My graphic card came with the pc its an nvidia Geforce 6150 se nforce 430.
Date: September 11, 2008 01:18AM
Posted by: Shaddix
did you try to do a complete reinstall of the game? sadly, that is most of the time the way to fix gp4

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: September 11, 2008 02:30AM
Reinstalled the game still the same problem, I am using a no cd patch maybe that's the problem?
Date: September 11, 2008 03:50AM
Posted by: mortal
No it isn't. You must use gpx_patch. When GP4 crashes, it outputs an error log. Post the log here, and edit your topic header to show that you have done that. Your graphic card properties are accessible from the desktop, r/click properties adapaptor tab. You can download an Nvidia control panel or something similar I would think, ATI has it so I expect Nvidia have one or someone has made something to suit. Have you modified GP4 in any way at all, is this a clean install, have you installed the official 9.6 patch, are you using the correct NO-cd. Check the GP4FAQ sticky at the top of the page for useful information. Get back to us.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 11, 2008 05:20AM
I am sorry but when the game crashes it doesn't outputs an error log it just goes back to the desktop and windows just tells me that the program has stoped working, and thats when it crashes while I am playing when it crashes while I am trying to se the info of the tracks the game completly freezes and I can only hear the music playing, the only way I can stop the program is through the task manager. However I did notice that when the game crashes while I am playing the cpu usage bar is completly full so maybe that has something to do.

I haven't modified the game other than the gpx_patch, i also installed the official 9.6 patch and I think that the no cd patch is the correct one because otherwise it would just ask me for the cd and not run at all.
Date: September 11, 2008 05:29AM
Sorry if it's hard to read I seem to use the term crashes a lot LOL.
Date: September 11, 2008 09:36AM
Did you disable anti-aliasing? I think that the specs you gave us, nvidia Geforce 6150 se nforce 430 relates to your mobo, not your graphics. I'm thinking that you have a budget business pc, and it has on board graphics, by that I mean it does not have a graphics card in a mobo slot, it has a graphics chip on the mobo. The specs also say that it has the Nvidia Ntune application. If you cannot find it on your system, get it from the Nvidia site. You could use that to check the graphics status. If it crashes from a fresh install it is usually a graphics error. In most cases, it means the graphics card cannot cope and falls in a heap. Have you been able to see the graphics calibration screen at all at start up? Have you downloaded the latest graphics driver? Before you try that, you will have to find out what exactly is driving your graphics now, then check the Nvidia site, see if there has been an update. Sometimes an updated driver can solve a problem. What other games run on your system, can it run COD4 or BF2? What is your operating system, if it's Vista, set the properties of GP4.exe to run as administrator and in Win98 compatibility mode. Set gpx_patch to run as administrator. Get back to us. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 12, 2008 07:54AM
Thanks for your information mortal, well there's no way my computer can run COD4 jaja and the only other two games I have are Rome:Total war and Medieval total war, my pc runs rome pretty well but the only way I can play medieval well is by runing it in the lowest graphics settings,however they seldom crash. I am gona first try to run the game without anti-aliasing and with the gp4.exe and gpxpatch as administrator and compatibility mode windows 98(I have Vista). If that doesn't work then I will look for those drivers and stuff and report back here.

Thanks.
Date: September 12, 2008 08:47AM
Have you found out yet what graphics you have? Open Control Panel/Device Manager. Check out the Display Adaptor.

Date: September 12, 2008 08:57AM
Oh man I have a problem I have everything in spanish and I dont know what display adaptor means in spanish, and I cant find where to change the control panel language. When I open it it shows me the nvdia logo in 3d where I can adjust whether I want it for quality or performance, is that the display adaptor?
Date: September 12, 2008 11:47AM
In your device manager, (in Control Panel) the display adaptor is listed below the hard drive listing. It shows a small icon of a screen. Also in Control Panel, under Personalize, the bottom listing is Display Settings, open it, select the advanced tab, select the adapter tab. There will be the information for your graphics adaptor.

Date: September 13, 2008 03:32AM
Yeeess I downloaded the driver and the game works fine now, I was able to play 2 hours and it never crashed so thats good enough for me. Thanks for your help, really a life saver you are mortal. Now I would apreciate if you could lead me to a thread or something to help me with the 2007 mod because I installed it and all the drivers are the same from 2001 but when the race starts there are a bunch of 2007 white cars and the others are from 2001, its a real mess, so mayday here.
Date: September 13, 2008 10:34AM
Good news then, at least it's running. ;-) Have a look at your advanced graphics menu, check that it is set to high. If that doesn't work, try another mod. Should be all cars the same, not a mixture of original and new, so something is wrong with that mod. Have a look at gp4db.com, there's some good stuff for grabs there. If you still have problems, can you start a new thread with a specific title on it. I'll mark this one fixed. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy