qualy/race setup, pointless yellow flags & 2 hour limit ?

Posted by BAR#10 
1.What should I take into account between a qualy and race setup? What changes when the car is heavier? I get more understeering for one thing. "MY" qualy setup isn't a hotlap one, so the plank didn't need adjusting ussually. I'm using the ones(adjusting them to my style, that is)that came with Tony's 2005 mod and original physics.

2.This maybe hasn't been mentioned in ages if at all, but are the yellow flags pretty much meaningless concerning the effect they have on the gameplay?
I remember playing Indycar game 12 years ago and at least there you could't overtake, it was like a pit limiter, or ofcourse you could disable it and pass all the AI cars in the yellow flag period, while they imitate a safety car pace, hehe.

3.Has anyone ever found out what happens if the 100% race lasts for 2hrs in heavy rain?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
3. no 2 hour limit in gp4, all races go over full distance
1. Remember that since 2007 the cars aren't allowed to change their setups after the qualy ahahahahah :P

2.Yep, they have no "real" effect on the race, you could overtake another car under yellow flags, and no one will give you a penalty. Correct me if i'm wrong.
True there's no effect but I have been fighting for the lead of race, seen and ignored the bitmap marshalls waving yellow flags and then crashed into a broken down Williams, hmm. I always bear on the side of caution now!
1. heh, nice one, kimiraik

2. good point, badgerf1, but have you also ignored your team "Watch out for debris" radio guy?;)

3. thanks for the info, n00binio

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy