Graphics error

Posted by Arwel 
Graphics error
Date: August 13, 2008 06:29PM
Posted by: Arwel
I installed gp4 and patched it with 9.6 then nocd. I then used gp4edit to change driver names and performance before running the game. When I tried to calibrate graphics I got a 'no error' message without the calibration running so I thought I was in for problems. I drove interlagos which seemed ok until a corner half way round when a white banner appeared across the sky where the graphics were missing. Reading the forums I realise gp4 can be difficult once you start to use patches and game updates, I am not sure where to start with this problem as I haven't changed any graphics up to now. Any help much appreciated.
Re: Graphics error
Date: August 13, 2008 06:53PM
Posted by: msater
are you using gpxpatch? that might help. also, have you got a printer installed. they are known to cause problems with GP4.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 13, 2008 07:04PM
I haven't installed gpxpatch, will have a look at it as I don't know what it does at the momen. I do have an epson printer installed but it is not something I would want to uninstall really.

A previous but brief installation of gp ran fine but was not patched at all, it seems to be only after the above patches etc that this has happened. I backed up the gp4 exe so will try it in previous states and try to work out when the problem occurred.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Date: August 13, 2008 07:56PM
Arwel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> have an epson printer installed but it is not
> something I would want to uninstall really.

ask a gp4 expert about the printer

Date: August 13, 2008 08:24PM
Posted by: n00binio
i never encountered problems when using epson printers. should be no problem. you should make sure to start gp4 once immediately after installation, then you can patch it.
Date: August 13, 2008 09:05PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Arwel ecrit:
> I installed gp4 and patched it with 9.6 then nocd.
> I then used gp4edit to change driver names and
> performance before running the game. When I tried
> to calibrate graphics I got a 'no error' message
> without the calibration running so I thought I was
> in for problems. I drove interlagos which seemed
> ok until a corner half way round when a white
> banner appeared across the sky where the graphics
> were missing. Reading the forums I realise gp4
> can be difficult once you start to use patches and
> game updates, I am not sure where to start with
> this problem as I haven't changed any graphics up
> to now. Any help much appreciated.

Well, first, you have to install the game into the right order:
1- GP4 game
2- Official patch 9.6
3- GP4.exe decrypted
4- GPxpatch

And start the game with GPxpatch...

About the Epson printer, if the game crashes once you have installed the game correctly, disable the Epson's spool driver. You don't have to desinstall it. Just disable it.Your printer will run normaly when you'll need it.

Hope this will help...
Date: August 13, 2008 09:08PM
oh, one thing i forgot to tell you... run a mod in csm, see what it does

Date: August 13, 2008 10:14PM
ok thanks for the help. I think I will uninstall and start again, I didn't run gp4 before patching.
Date: August 13, 2008 11:17PM
Posted by: Excalibur
msater ecrit:
> oh, one thing i forgot to tell you... run a mod in
> csm, see what it does

Before runing a mod with CSM, he should try with the original game and modifiy whatever he wants if it's ok...It is just an advice...
Date: August 14, 2008 12:28AM
another important thing: when you start the game for the first time gpxpatch should not be installed
Date: August 14, 2008 11:22PM
I installed gpxpatch but it didnt make any difference to missing part of sky. However I went into the graphics options ingame and changed the texture detail down to medium which has fixed it. Gpxpatch is making the cc cars volume extremely loud compared with players car so I have disabled it for now, can you change volume for cc cars in gpxpatch?
Date: August 15, 2008 02:45AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
disable 3D sound maybe? I don't have that issue with GPxPatch myself

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: August 17, 2008 11:14PM
My missing graphics is still occurring at interlagos, there is no consistency to the problem, consecutive launches of gp with identical settings can have the error and then be ok. I have launched gp4 version 1.00 exe file and am getting the error with that, I presume something has been corrupted somewhere along the line of patching or editing.
Date: August 18, 2008 11:36AM
Posted by: mortal
See if you have the latest drivers installed for your card.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 18, 2008 07:15PM
ah now i get it, i had the same problem. i got rid of it by patching gp4 to 1.02
make sure you have patched it correctly and if you´re using a decrypted exe it should be a 1.02 exe
Date: August 18, 2008 08:19PM
I have downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card which is an 8500gt. Also I have followed advice on here regarding patching in the correct order, ie gp4 to 1.02 then decrypted exe 1.02.
Apart from this graphics glitch the game is running great, I had a lot of ctd's but that has not happened since I changed cpu setting in gpxpatch from all to 0, I also tried 1 and it has been stable with that too.
Date: August 18, 2008 08:34PM
have you read this page, its about calibrating a NVIDIA 8500GT, your graphics card ;);)

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy