New system to run GP4

Posted by lugacor 
New system to run GP4
Date: August 08, 2008 02:49PM
Posted by: lugacor
Hi all.

I have found a nice offer from Dell in Spain, which I think should run GP4 without any problem (I guess even GP4 should find enough CPU power here!!!). I'd appreciate comments from the GP4ware experts here:

Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
500GB3 - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB2 GDDR4

Because of the place where I plan to put this machine, the Studio hybrid model also from Dell would be a much nicer and cheaper choice, but I guess they lack CPU and Gfx power (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T8100, 3MB L2 cache, 2,1 GHz, 800FSB is the max CPU power and the Gfx card is an integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator 3100).

Opinions, guys? Thanks in advance.
Re: New system to run GP4
Date: August 08, 2008 08:00PM
Posted by: gangstahhwboy13
if i was u i choose the first one because you can do more things with it
but make sure you dont install vista on ur pc because mine gp4 does it sometimes and sometimes it crashes to my desk.
i advice u to put xp pro sp3 because thats the best for gp4

I'm not sorry for my english because i'm proud to be a dutchman
Greetzz The Gangsta from Tha Netherlands
Date: August 08, 2008 08:10PM
Posted by: Willb
Not bad, Shame its a Dell! (The new Dell Studio laptops are great, however the desktops and inspiron laptops are dire). Just out of interest how much is the first option in equivilent GBP (£), you may be able to build (or have built) a better pc for a similar price if you are techincal/have any technical mates. Ill always reccomend custom builds over any prebuilt rubbish.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 09, 2008 01:09PM
Posted by: gangstahhwboy13
there is nothing wrong with a dell
i have a dell more then a year and its still working fine.

I'm not sorry for my english because i'm proud to be a dutchman
Greetzz The Gangsta from Tha Netherlands
Date: August 09, 2008 06:37PM
Posted by: aagancia
Get the first one. The integrated Gfx on the second one will definitely stop you from enjoying GP4 or any other game.
Date: August 09, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
It also depends wich windowsversion you will get. Vista 32-bit works fine for me, but Vista 64-bit have problems running GP4 accually.. atleast what I've heard

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy