f1 graphics for new graphic card

Posted by gildoorf 
f1 graphics for new graphic card
Date: August 05, 2008 05:41AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there you all

I´ve got this new video NVIDIA GEForce 8500GT

Any of you recommend a nice f1graphics.cfg ?

I like to run as smooth as possible, 50-60 FPS

Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz
2GB RAM

Windows XP SP3

Thanks in advance

Re: f1 graphics for new graphic card
Date: August 05, 2008 11:18AM
Posted by: maes
hey Gildoorf!

IMO 50-60 FPS is quite a lot for a 8500GT, but i couldn't blame you, i like to run ASAP (As Smooth As Possible) too! i could make you a graphics file, but first play around some time with these settings. I also put some recommendations after each setting ;)

1. Show own car (0 never, bit 1 trans, bit 2 solid, bit 3 context only bit7-fullpolycar in tcam) v3
Use zero, otherwise play around.
2. Num overdraws for blur effects (eg reflections) Should be one of {2,4,6,9,12,16}
9 would be good i guess
3. Maximum allowed heat hazes in a single view v2
I think its best to set this to zero
4. Texture filter quality (0 => none, 1 => point, 2 => bilinear, 3 => anisotropic, 4 => flatcubic, 5 => gaussiancubic) v3
I have it on Anisotropic, maybe you could try Bilinear for races, but still use Anisotropic for free practice.
5. Texture filter quality for mipmaps - if any - (0 => none, 1 => point, 2 => bilinear, 3 => anisotropic, 4 => flatcubic/quincunx, 5 => gaussiancubic) v3
Same here
6. Max anisotropic filtering (1 => off, to max 7) v2
Put it to 3 or something. You will still have enough PO, and a decent look.
7. Blur shadows (projected shadows only)(should be 0 (no blur),2,4,6,9,12, or 16)
6 or 9 is recommended
8. Enable static environment reflections (0=>off 1=>on) v3
Put this to one
9. Enable dynamic environment reflections to X metres (for advanced carshader only) v3
and this to zero

here you go ;)
always remember to download the latest driver available. Don't put everything superhigh in your Nvidia Settings too, this may have a very negative effect on the GP4's PO...

hope it helped you a bit

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 11:20AM by maes.
Date: August 05, 2008 02:25PM
Hi Maes

What a great help, brother!

In fact I have not tried yet, as I´m at office now... But I´ll try as soon I get home tonight...

Thanks a lot.

So which videocard would be the best for 60FPS? Or GP4 engine is limited in some way we just can´t make it better even spending lots of money? In the future, I don´t know yet when, this will be the reason for my quit. Not so soon, but it´s a bit frustrating sometimes to build tracks I can´t run races in full graphics on wet mode. :)

Isn´t there any possibility to enhance GP4 engine standards for contemporary processors?

Best regards you all...

Date: August 05, 2008 02:41PM
tbh, i have no idea. but i played GP4 for ages on a GeForce 2. and now that i have this 8800GT, im very happy with the results. But maybe thats just because its such a huge difference of videocard. The only thing thats frustrating me is the cheap lightening that GP4 uses.. But i really think its still a great game (with all the tweaking included and hard work of the suberb GP4 community!)!
Date: August 05, 2008 02:47PM
Posted by: skyline86
Hi! Maes. Can you help me setting with my 8600GT? Thanks!
Date: August 16, 2008 05:39AM
Hi there you all

Just for those who work with NVidia 8500GT, I just did what Great Maes recommended to f1graphics file and also, very important: I set screen to 70 Hertz rate.

Now I can run GP4 in 60FPS with a PO around 90-100 but running smooth even during early stages of the race, when PO gets really high...

All cars wad and anim wad is 2008 updated with a big help of my friend Steven and I´m really happy now.

BTW, remember to download new NVIDIA driver from official website

175.19_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql

So, hope this help any of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2008 08:17AM by gildoorf.
Date: August 17, 2008 10:07AM
Posted by: sunil
i think u can enable AA and AF in your video card settings to remove those edge jaggies and can make ur GP4 cars and etc Smooth in far views too. But it might hit performance a lot if u keep higher AA and AF.

i think u can manage with 2 or 4XAA with 8XAF with reasonable hit on performance. try it once

And also try to disable all to 0 in graphics file for mirror view except to view cars. U can see lot of difference in performance .

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: August 20, 2008 12:31PM
Posted by: Rooter
maes schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 9. Enable dynamic environment reflections to X
> metres (for advanced carshader only) v3
> and this to zero
>

Why it should be set to zero?
Date: August 21, 2008 11:42AM
to make sure that the dynamic environment reflections are disabled. they use a lot of PO

Date: August 21, 2008 01:55PM
Posted by: Excalibur
skyline86 ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi! Maes. Can you help me setting with my 8600GT?
> Thanks!

Did you try with my F1graphics file? Here

I know it could be better and I'm going to try with Maes's advices...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy