Lets not over react

Posted by twgavin 
Re: Lets not over react
Date: June 25, 2002 02:56PM
Posted by: Mark
im sorry alex but i disagree,a few bugs well thats an insult to all those people who have contributed to morbids list which includes myself.

it's not a case of not playing it long enough and not seeing how good gp4 is,it's the longer you play it the more bugs you uncover,you tell me how much fun it is when
you have done all friday and sat practice

qualified well on the grid

tested your car in race trim on warm up

get to your first pit stop after 45mins and the pit crew won't let you out,what a waste of hours of preporation for the race.it might run fine on your pc, or maybe you have got blinkers on and the bugs are invisible to you,cause i'll tell you this alex it aint a few annoying bugs,it's loads ruining people's enjoyment of gp4 including mine.

gp4 is bad programming,how can you lose your wing and still lap faster cars,it's ridiculous,not realistic,i put a minardi on the second row,how likely is that.

people accused ea sports f1 2002 of looking nice but that was all,well i feel the same about gp4,the manual is more or less the same as the previous efforts,no mention of how to use traction control or launch control.the same invisble crane winching your car off the track.

what have they adressed from previous versions,not much,the manual credits include a test team,well why didn't they remove the most obvious bugs that turn up after playing for a very short time,probably can't be bothered.

if we are all nitpicking alex and making too much fuss and if this forums efforts produce a patch that sorts this mess out,i take it you won't download it because you believe it's wonderful and we should all congratulate geoff for such a great product.
Date: June 26, 2002 11:19AM
Posted by: Mark
managed to go round hockenhiem on slicks doing 196 mph on the straights in the rain and the car didn't feel that different to the dry.
Date: June 26, 2002 11:25AM
Posted by: Ellis
"But they shouldnt. It should be a finished product."

exactly right - this is why the readme says version 1.0 and not BETA!

"Nice to see one cool head amongst the people who can't stop complaining about Grand Prix 4."

wouldnt you be a bit pissed if you spent £33.99 on a game, installed it (or reinstalled it after XP mess's up) and found it to be one of the buggiest games you have ever played.

Actaully its by far the buggiest game i have ever played, which i really didnt expect from Geoff whos work is normally of such a high standard.

(sorry not had time to read all the posts :$)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 26, 2002 12:27PM
Posted by: Glyn
Yes, it is buggy, but remember Sin? You couldnt complete that untill you downloaded the patch. With the patch, that game redeamed itself, and so will GP4 (to a much higher level)

Date: June 26, 2002 01:06PM
Posted by: chris
We hope.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 26, 2002 02:34PM
Posted by: Vader
We do not hope

NO HOPE=NO FEAR

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 02:41PM
Posted by: tux
i just noticed, in the GP4 Readme.txt it says:

Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 (ok, normall enough)************************
Readme File (English) (ok, yes, i think i can speak english)
V1.00 (r u sure not beta?)
March, 2002!!!!!!!!!

OMFG, this was done then, wot were they doing until June then?

Date: June 26, 2002 02:44PM
look for covers to run to once the storm breaks loose

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 02:47PM
oh, well that explaines it :)

Date: June 26, 2002 02:52PM
Just ask me. I know all the answers.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 02:58PM
i thought so.

1) whats the meaning of life?
2) why did i find my english exam very hard today?
3) why has GP4 got so many bugs
4) ill give u £1000 to gess my middle name

Date: June 26, 2002 03:39PM
Posted by: chris
5) What is catch 22? (in gp4 context?)

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 26, 2002 03:42PM
1)
searching for the meaning of life actually means wasting it. The quest for "meaning" is a very new thing anyway, not older than, say 300 years. Before that time people knew where there place in the cosmological order of the world was. The question "why are we here?" would have never come to their minds.
If you want an answer in spite of that, I'd have to come with the aristotalian concept of entlechia. This means in short that every being thing is consistently in some sort of development - movement from dynamis (possibility) to energeia (actuality). In short, an acorn is an oak in potentia, but not in reality. It thus strives to turn its possibility into actuality. The telos (aim) is to unfold itself according to its essence, its nature. This is what life is all about: try to be a human according to the immanent (or essential)
Date: June 26, 2002 03:49PM
Posted by: genesis
2) Do you speak English? If you don't, then that could give you a slight problem, seeing as it's an English exam.
3) Because it was made by an ant, not as thought by Crammond.
4) Hanton?
Date: June 26, 2002 03:55PM
Sorry, it just did cut of the rest of my post:

1)
searching for the meaning of life actually means wasting it. The quest for "meaning" is a very new thing anyway, not older than, say 300 years. Before that time people knew where there place in the cosmological order of the world was. The question "why are we here?" would have never come to their minds.
If you want an answer in spite of that, I'd have to come with the aristotalian concept of entlechia. This means in short that every being thing is consistently in some sort of development - movement from dynamis (possibility) to energeia (actuality). In short, an acorn is an oak in potentia, but not in reality. It thus strives to turn its possibility into actuality. The telos (aim) is to unfold itself according to its essence, its nature. This is what life is all about: try to be a human according to the immanent (or essential) idea of "humanity". (Don't call this development a "process", since the concept of "process" had not been developed until Hegel's Phenomenology Of The Spirit 1807).

2)
because you
a) did not learn enough
b) you suck

3)
economic pressure in this case mainly the early launch of F1 2002) dictates the time schedules of release. A game is ready for release when the time to make money with it is right and not when the developers/testers say it is perfect.

4)
Boy

5) catch 22 is Safety Car driver Bernd Mailänder trying to get the through the grid to take over the lead

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 06:33PM
Posted by: lionrampant78
Despite being " the buggiest game ever ", GP4 still manages to outplay EA's F1 2002 by miles. I have both an I now wonder why I bothered with EA's effort.
Date: June 26, 2002 09:21PM
Posted by: Whitey
I agree Tim. I can see both sides of the coin though. It comes down to this though. Would you have rathered waiting an extra couple of months to get the bugs sorted or have the game now with a few minor annoyances.

I think the game is great as it is. I'd rather not be waiting the extra 6-12 months like we did with GP2. At least this way we get to play sommething (and something great it is!).
Date: June 26, 2002 11:51PM
Posted by: Morbid
It is good to discuss these bugs, no question about it.

I would just like to point out that we could use some extra testers. Look in the bug list thread at the latest update for tests that need to be done.

END OF COMMERCIAL ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 27, 2002 05:38AM
2) Do you speak English? If you don't, then that could give you a slight problem, seeing as it's an English exam.
3) Because it was made by an ant, not as thought by Crammond.
4) Hanton?

hehehe i am english, good awnser, nope not hanton

vader

hehe great awnser 1 (even tho it confused me).

not boy

Date: June 27, 2002 07:47AM
Posted by: pannini
Q1)

i thought the answer was 42.

(but what's the question)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy