Hardware Accelerated Sound Card

Posted by Cmspodwy 
Hardware Accelerated Sound Card
Date: June 25, 2002 06:49AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
When using a hardware accelerated soundcard is it possible to keep the sound properties in windows set to full without sacrificing fps in the game?
Re: Hardware Accelerated Sound Card
Date: June 25, 2002 07:15AM
Posted by: chris
No. Keeping it on low gives you better fps, don't know why...it doesnt make sense!

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 25, 2002 11:16AM
Posted by: Beardless2
there must be something seroiusly wrong with a piece of code for this to happen with sound accel, hopefully a patch will be released that will cure it.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: June 25, 2002 12:26PM
Posted by: Glyn
I wouldnt be suprised if the patch does cure it. No other game I know (not even GP3) has this strange effect.

Date: June 25, 2002 12:36PM
Posted by: StezTheSkinhead
Turning off the 3d sound in the sound options menu (I've got an Audigy by the way) has not only given me a good fps boost but it's also cured the biggest problem I've been having sice getting the game last thursday ie: crashes to the desktop & the program just locking up all the time! since turning off the 3d sound acceleration I've been able to max all the graphic options except enviroment maping which I've got at "static" & I'm getting a recommended 29fps now at 1600 x 1200!. I've also set the mipmapping on my GeForce 3 to "bet image quality" & have allowed applications to control the "antialiasing" IT NOW LOOKS FUGGIN AMAZING :-)

1.4ghz Thunderbird @1.5ghz
512meg Ram,
Original GF3 @220/500
Hansol 920 19" Monitor
16X DVD Rom
24X10X40 CD-Rewriter
Audigy
30 & 82gig Hard drives
Networked with the kids 2 PC's :-)
Date: June 25, 2002 01:32PM
Posted by: StuartFerris
Nice one Stez, I have been having the same problems over the weekend and tried your tip. What do you know it worked. Kinda sucks that something that is supposed to help the speed of the game actually causes more problems than it solves.

Stuart Ferris
Date: June 26, 2002 01:52AM
Posted by: bigj
Antialiasing :

gp4 doesn't use this by default.
To turn it on : either set in your graphics drivers (if it allows it) to be always on.

or.

set application select in graphics drivers and edit f1graphics.cfg : There is
a setting in there to enable antialiasing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy