Petition to send to Infogrames about GP4

Posted by Cmspodwy 
Petition to send to Infogrames about GP4
Date: June 25, 2002 03:23AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
Morbid is collecting together all bug reports for GP4 from the people logged onto this forum. He was intending to just send this information to Infogrames, Microprose and Simergy to aid their efforts in creating an effective patch for GP4.

Steve Ferris and I were also debating Infogrames, Microprose and Simergy's abuse of the PC Gamer by releasing a clearly untested product upon us.

Morbid, Steve Ferris & Myself Cmspodwy are looking to come together as one unit and to create a document listing all reported bugs and peoples dissatifaction with the released product. We are petitioning for software to be more complete when released to us PC gaming folk as our console loving cousins would never have put up with a beta version of GP4 being released to the public (hence why the Xbox version isn't out until mid August).

This will then be sent to the already mention companies as an email and in hard copy format.

Please reply to this thread to voice your opinion and add to the petition.

And don't forget to keep reporting all GP4 bugs to Morbids thread.

Many Thanks

Cmspodwy (and on behalf of Morbid and Steve Ferris)
We have a contact name at Infogrames
Date: June 25, 2002 03:34AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
What a boy canveyboy is.

He's got us a contact name, address and tellephone number.

Top stuff.

james muir
Infogrames UK Helpline
21 Castle Street
Castlefield
Manchester
M3 4SW

Tel: 0161 827 8060
Date: June 25, 2002 04:51AM
Posted by: StuartFerris
The whole point of this exercise is to be subjective. Yes, there are a lot of people on this list, me included, who are extremely angry with the state this product has been released in. We also have a right to express our anger to Infogrames, but in order to express this anger cohesively and constructively it is best down using the resources of this group. Infogrames are more likely to sit up and take note if a collective complaint is raised.

However, just complaining won't work, which is why we need to use the patch list that Morbid is putting together. We need to show a willingness to work with Infogrames to realise the full potential of this game (and I think we're all agreed there is vast potetnial).

Might I request that Trevor Witt uses his influence to get us some column inches in one of the magazines he freelances for, perhaps even revisiting his review taking into account the problems people are facing. (I know this has been done before for other games).

I don't think there is one person on this list who is not having problems. Anyone who wishes to join the petition should not only provide their name, but it might also be useful to provide system specs and a brief resume of the problems they are encountering. Not bugs in the game mechanics (which will be covered in Morbid's list), but problems in actually running the game.

We have put up with the release of incomplete and shoddy software for too long, its time that we let the software companies know that we won't put up with it.

Stuart Ferris (not Steve :-) )
Re: Petition to send to Infogrames about GP4
Date: June 25, 2002 06:47AM
Posted by: Vader
If you need any support, be sure THE FORCE OF THE DARKSIDE is with you ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 25, 2002 06:48AM
Posted by: canveyboy
dear all at infogrames,

i am a fan of the grand prix series and have bought all editions of the game since GP2. i was already to purchase GP4 this week but when my work colleague came into work on monday and said to me, 'steve, don't bother, i bought my copy, installed it, played it, uninstalled it and took it back on the day of release' i thought i'd wait. and i'm glad i did. i'll be sticking to GP32K thanks very much. i am utterly appalled that you could even CONSIDER releasing the shoddy piece of beta work that is GP4 in its current condition. as another fellow fan here has said, console gamers would not have to put up with this, so why should PC gamers? get your act together Infogrames, Microprose and Simergy or you might find a lot of people turning to EA F1 2002....and not turning back. Get that patch out fast.

regards,

steve higgins.
Date: June 25, 2002 06:58AM
Posted by: _Alex_
What you've got to make sure you do is separate the nit-pickings from the actual bugs. Bugs are bugs, little things that some people don't like or are opposed to are not bugs. I noticed there were a lot of them in the bug thread.

Canveyboy, your friend and yourself have not given Gp4 anywhere near as much of a chance as you should have done. Sure there are bugs, but not that many, and you've gone way over the top. If you're a fan of the series, then more fool you because you're missing out on a great game.

Before the release, people were petitioning to boycott the bloody game because they thought it would be crap. Pretty much everyone of those people I noticed were praising its ass off as soon as it was released. I just think people are taking this way too seriously, and going way OTT. I just get on and play the game and enjoy it, while it would appear some of you guys start the game up with the clear intention of picking out every bug you possibly can, and then giving Crammond a whole lot of stick for it. Give them a break, they've just made the best F1 sim ever.

I totally agree with what Morbid is doing, as that will be a real help for sure. But forget any petition. They won't listen and I can't blame them...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 25, 2002 07:07AM
Posted by: canveyboy
alex,

i don't think ALL these people can be wrong. i'm not shelling out 35 quid for a game with bugs. and it does have PLENTY of bugs. i have no intention of driving around in a car and having the wheel disappear suddenly or not be able to get out of the pits. is that fun for you? i'm interested to know because i really really do want GP4 but just look at Morbid's list! that says it all. the game is not finished. i don't remember GP3 coming out like this. i agree with you, Morbid's way is best but you are not being honest with yourself abouth the game. last night i re-installed GP32K.....and boy am i loving it!!!!

best wishes intended friend,

steve.
Date: June 25, 2002 07:10AM
Posted by: StuartFerris
I am not nit picking. I can't actually play the game. It crashes back to the desktop every time it runs the game engine. This is the only game I have a problem with, everything else runs perfectly. As a result I can only come to the conclusion that it is the fault of GP4.

I did not start out with the intention of dissing GP4. When I bought it I truly hoped that they had learnt their lessons from GP3 and produced a great game. It has potential to be that, but not in its current state.

The software industry seems to be the only market where the consumer has no proper recourse for poor quality products. Would you buy a car which had brakes that didn't work, but the manufacturer promised to have working brakes six months down the line? Of course not!

The game may work on your system with few bugs, but if you've looked at any of the major threads on this list you will find that the majority of people are having some fundamental problems with the game.

Stuart Ferris
Date: June 25, 2002 07:13AM
Posted by: chris
These tiny faults and bigger bugs just serve to show how great a game gp3 2000 actually is....still my choice over gp4.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy