My holidays are finished (fixed v1.164 GP4Builder)

Posted by Lo2k 
Great work

To export object, this function is not working?

MENU - FILE - EXPORT - EXPORT .GP4

GRATEFUL

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Fantastic work Laurent, but i have a small request regarding the gp4 to col conversion feature.

With tracks created with previous versions of GP4Builder the default behaviour is hard instead of grass when opened with the new version of GP4Builder, is it possible to change it with grass as default behaviour?

Thanks in advance and cheers. :)

PS: You're a living legend in the GP4 community.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
i have the same problem with the export to gp4.file
can yoi fix them please?
Great work
Re: My holidays are finished (new GP4Builder release)
Date: July 23, 2008 10:08PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Maverick : OK, take your time, I know how real work could steal your time sometimes. Anyway a track editing thread already exists you know :P

@Turbo Lover : Yep, that's my fault, because I completely ignored behaviour setting so far so it was set to 0 until very recent releases and that's why it's set as hard surface all around while original tracks have very detailed behaviours. Anyway, you can just it Action\Redefine behaviour\Auto settings and most of the objects will be converted to the correct behaviour.

I will check for the export feature...I might have changed something here even if I don't remind I changed something for this feature.

Date: July 23, 2008 11:43PM
Well, nothing's broken but the import/export feature menus are enabled at level 0 were they shouldn't (as none of these features work at level 0). So if you go at level 1 (scene) or 2(objects), you will be able to save your objects as before.
(I fixed it for the next revision anyway, thanks for the report)

i have found a bug again.
whe i convert the .dat to .bin files the game is carshing at the end of the loading.
but when i used the standart .bin files the track is working fine.

is that a bug of the GP4Builder or a problem with the .dat?
Great work on the latest release Laurent. The gp4->col is really amazing and will add a lot to future tracks :)
Some things I noticed:
The guide is missing an 'e' in newbehav, and an '=' in addkerbs.
Vertice welding is great - on a test it got 55000 down to 20000. Is it possible for .gp4 files too?
In the 'track from dat' window, can the 'Object settings' keep their values?
One mroe thing - depending wether its a small (car) or big (track) file the mouse input options changes - can they not?

____
Tony

Date: July 24, 2008 12:22PM
@Kimi-the-champ: no idea. Could you send me your .dat file In order I check it ?

@B-tone: thanks for the report, I will fix everything for next release.
Concerning mouse input option, it is saved independantly for non-tracks and tracks file.
So just open a car (for instance), change your mouse input option and close GP4Builder. Next time it should remind your setting for non-track files.

Date: July 24, 2008 12:43PM
Posted by: Ruboy
another request from me:

Could the two hd values in the .dat file (sector subidvision 1 & 2) be saved together with the .dat file? At the moment they remain the same for every .dat until I change them manually. As different tracks have different settinsg for this values it would be better to have them inserted in the .dat file. So when you open a .dat file the last saved hd values for this track are automatically loaded and set...and a mess can be prevented ;) This would be really important for editing verges, kerbs, banks and rails because they depend on the hd feature.

Date: July 24, 2008 10:38PM
@Ruboy: you're perfectly right and I already thought about this when I added the HD feature but so far, I wasn't able to save it in the .dat without troubles ingame so it's still not there. I have another plan anyway, I just don't know when it could be done.

Date: July 24, 2008 11:00PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Ok, fine...if there are troubles with saving it maybe you'll find another way.

first thank u so much lo2k, as always a great tool, every time more completed.

I see that is possible to create col file from gp4 file, how? (i seach in the readme, but nothing... maybe i watch bad...)

i'm just back from holidays and start some days ago (on holiday) Misano Adriatica project (rF conversion) started in february and gone sleep from march to 15 july and i want to use this new feature...

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2008 11:09PM by Rot Teufel.
Date: July 28, 2008 09:45PM
I saw on the other thread you had v1.142 but .gp4 to .col feature is only available in v1.160 that I released some days ago. It might be the reason why you can't find anything in the guide...

i got yesterday the 1.160 version :D, i worked until yesterday with the 1.142, today with 1.160. Maybe as i say i watch it superficially :P

EDIT: found it! LOL :P

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 04:01PM by Rot Teufel.
Date: August 08, 2008 11:29AM
Posted by: b-tone
For me the settngs aren't saved. Every car I open has 'Rotate/Zoom mode' selected.

The new col feature is just great, and setting behaviour for search list objects is genius :)
Could we get something similar for materials? ie, based on search

____
Tony

Date: August 08, 2008 01:22PM
You're right. I just tried it again and it doesn't save mouse setting either for me. I will check this.

You can already assign behaviour by material, or are you asking to apply a given material to all objects from the search list ?

Anyway, I'm sorry for not having released the new bug-fixed revision of GP4Builder yet. I hope it will finaly come in next incoming days.

Date: August 08, 2008 01:27PM
Posted by: b-tone
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can already assign behaviour by material, or
> are you asking to apply a given material to all
> objects from the search list ?

Yes, apply a material to all search list objects.

____
Tony

Date: August 08, 2008 11:45PM
At last, fixed version of GP4Builder is finaly online under the number v1.164.

Here are the changes :
v1.164
New : Rotate+Zoom option state saved for tracks and non-tracks files
Enhanced : Updated Internal OpenGL library
Fixed : Incorrect Import and Export Menu states
Fixed : ccline was never converted to .gp4 objects

Sorry for the long time between first release and fixed version.

Thanks Laurent.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy