GPG Is Dead ? Gp4 Community is is flying away ?

Posted by Killer 
GPG Is Dead ? Gp4 Community is is flying away ?
Date: July 18, 2008 12:39PM
Posted by: Killer
I'm very sad to read everyday someone has leaving the community.
is the gp4 communnity disappearing?
Now all these carmakers are lefting and everyday starts a new fight among members ........who will shape the cars for us?who will update the tracks and others gp4 feautures ?
Could Fongu and Raul make a complete grid cars for us?
Part of the guilt is of the moderators that don't have known how to manage these fights....
everyday gpg seems more and more a fightclub.......
has it the time to move along us from some other part?
Considering next year will also be released a new f1 game for pc ......
Re: GPG Is Dead ? Gp4 Community is is flying away ?
Date: July 18, 2008 12:42PM
Posted by: Lo2k
As long as there won't be a new "next-gen" F1 simulation, GP4 Community won't die, whatever could happen on gpgames.

no, i believe there is still some spirit in this community, and most of the people here are generous and good people. unfortunately, the small minority is detracting from everyone else and the excellent works produced by the modders we have here.

X (@ed24f1)
gpgames is not dead, it's still living very well even if some carmakers deiceded to leave/take a break.new tracks and cars will come in the future too don't worry :)
Date: July 18, 2008 01:05PM
Posted by: LWC
Most of the top car shapers,painters,track makers etc have moved on with exception of a few remaining,gp4 isnt totally dead now but imo its fading away, especially over the past year..And especially with all the arguing and little bitch fights between members which doesnt really make any sense,it takes all the enthusiasm away from modding,one of the reasons i left too..
"I believe there is still some spirit in this community, and most of the people here are generous and good people"

I´m 100% with you, Ed.

In fact, I love this game just because I love Formula 1.

For sure there´s no gp sims better than GP4 yet, so...

SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no, i believe there is still some spirit in this
> community, and most of the people here are
> generous and good people.

Well said:)
i think that 08 has been a good year till now (considering released cars) and i see no reason why the community should die
Lee have right, of course, and I have also noticed that the GP4 Community is fading away. There are not that much activity any more. But, I think that we will be able to play a "up to date" GP4 for another year, or I really hope so...

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
well ppl this downfall in number of players is not dificult to understand, we don't expect ppl to play gp2 at same level of years ago when it was the racing game "fever", it's just normal we see a better and improved possibility coming in horizon then move , next year expect alot of ppl to go for this new codemasters game , in the end it's very natural from ppl

obviously as time goes by this was goin to happen, i believe everybody was aware of that first day bought( downloaded or whatever) the game
i dont agree that the community is 'fading', we didn't have a full 2007 grid of scratch made cars until after the season was ended, but we already have several scratch built cars, and shape/livery updates to 2007 cars for the rest, with several other cars being close to release.
we also have at least 5 tracks WIP with gildoorf and prblanco, TTM's tracks to look forward to - as well as ongoing work on the 2001, 1993, 1998, WSC 1989, 1988 and other mods, as well as lo2k's excellent work assisting everyone.

dont forget, there are always new people to the community, or people who begin to explore their talent, for example DaiMOn and Raulongo.

we need to restore the positive vibe in this community so it is a place where both modders and newbies want to be in, and stay in.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2008 08:38PM by SchueyFan.
agree with schueyfan
Date: July 18, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: filou16
agree with schueyfan too
Date: July 18, 2008 06:09PM
Posted by: dkpioe
SkaaningeN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
There are
> not that much activity any more. But, I think that
> we will be able to play a "up to date" GP4 for
> another year, or I really hope so...

actually there seems to be more activity for current year cars in terms of releases then the last few years, plus new tracks which we didnt have in first few years of gp4.
Date: July 18, 2008 06:15PM
Posted by: LWC
compared to 2004/2005 cars i dont think so, there were so many of them, with the likes of intweb,spoony,bojan constantly making stuff..
Date: July 18, 2008 06:23PM
Posted by: Kev188
So why don´t we make a list of people,who are able to work on Cars,Tracks,Misc etc ?!?!
So we can summarize people,who are able to work and to work TOGETHER !?
Maybe it´s more easy to make it this way and to get people involved into modding,shaping and painting and to get new people. Everyone is able to learn from another !
Date: July 18, 2008 06:26PM
Posted by: Lo2k
if so, it deserves a new thread IMHO.
Anyway, it would not be the first time a thread would list who is doing what. It's maybe just the time to create a new one.

Date: July 18, 2008 06:29PM
Posted by: jpmfw
I will still be doing some work,but no where near as much as before,the game`s not dead,.It just needs some more people to get involved as Laurent says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: July 18, 2008 06:35PM
Posted by: Kev188
I know,lo2k, it isn´t the best idea and maybe not the best way,but better then nothing,mate!
The problem is !in my opinion! ,that the shapers and painters and so on only stayed together with always the same people!
That caused a two-group model in the community:
The one,who are involved in cardevelopments...testers,shotmakers etc.
and the second one,who waited for cars and haven´t tried to paint,shape for his own.
And maybe they tried,but the BIG developers didn´t notice them and always stayed by his friends or so...it´s nothing against it,but this caused a problem...the big ones are leaving and there is no new group or people who can shape or paint... we don´t have new ones!
We maybe can change it,when we try to reach more people and to motivate them to get involved into a project.
We should make it more easy for newbies to take part of a new developmentproject and not to build up the illusion that there are always people,who are untouchable or so and who are always working on cars forever...
As long as there are two "good" members here, it's still a community. The increasing and meaningless fights annoy but do not concern me, I don't see any signs of this community dying because we still have way more "good" members than "bad" members.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy