Control Problems

Posted by Glyn 
Control Problems
Date: June 23, 2002 09:08AM
Posted by: Glyn
The other I was just fine tuning my steering wheel settings in the game, and the game was working perfectly in every way.

Today, when I loaded GP4 (and didnt change a single setting from last night - I saved the changes on exit) for some reason the controller (MS Sidewinder FF Wheel) doesn't work for a little bit on either the pedals or the wheel. Say im going through an S-bend. I turn left, fine, then I turn right, the car starts to turn and then my controller stops working. I go straight on, and then it comes back to me again. Very annoying, espically when it does it during heavy braking.

So, after this I checked it out in control panel. It worked fine there, and it does also in other racing games, so its not my wheel, nor the drivers, but GP4. Any suggestions on this problem would be much appriciated!

Cheers

P.S. Im using Win XP

Re: Control Problems
Date: June 23, 2002 11:20AM
Posted by: Habi
Reinstall GP4?
And if you do, install in another directory, windows saves registry entries.

Date: June 23, 2002 12:57PM
Posted by: BuTcHeR_BoY
i was haveing probs with my microsoft ff wheel,so i phoned up tec SUPPORT
and they said DONT USE THE LASTEST SIDEWINDER DRIVERS, install the drivers u got with the wheel.........:)
Date: June 24, 2002 07:04AM
I cant do that becuse im using XP and they dont work (they dont even work with ME). But I am using the drivers that came with XP though

Date: June 24, 2002 01:03PM
Problem solved. Since turning my computer off and turning it on the next day the problem had gone away. Strange, very strange as restarting didn't work!

Hmm

Date: June 25, 2002 02:21AM
Posted by: tiger
With my wheel, Microsoft, but non-FF, a bit like that happens. Sometimes the pedals dont work. But with the steering wheel, sometimes, when the wheel is straight the comp seems to think its turning... its really weird and annoying......... teach me to buy from Harvey Norman =P

Like my sig? TELL ME!!!! =P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy