Part of GPXSET session settings (fuel for quali) don't seem to work with 2007 beta mod

Posted by BAR#10 
A small problem using gpxpatch with GP4ITALIA/TONY' 2007 beta mod(which I have updated with 2008 cars). Every feature in gpxset works properly,but when I change the amount of fuel for let's say qualifying, it doesn't have a correct effect. If it's fueled for 4 laps, it's ok. If I however raise the fuel for 20 laps, me and AI get 5 ... and not the wanted 20.
So, anyway to correct this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 12:13PM by BAR#10.
colud be to do with when you updated it to the 2008 cars, but don't ask me...
I don't know, maybe.
So yours works OK?
And anyone else's?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2008 11:29AM by BAR#10.
Hey, that's a "known" bug...
to solve this you need to change the values not in the GpxSet, but go to:

Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2006\Data\GpxPatch\2007

and open the gpxset file, then change the values in that file with the ones you like, and save..
That's gonna work, ain't it?? :)
Kimiraik for the win:) Thanks, it definetly seems it will work.
Lol, no prob mate!!
btw... is there a way to change minimum fuel before automatic pitting? tweaker has fuel consumption tweak but all the AI's are running out of fuel so this is useless

PЯuИNИ

[prunn.wordpress.com]
alter the fuel consumption in the magic data. i think bots only pit according to their strategy not when they run out of fuel
well, here's what happens

I got gpxdata folder in the main GP4 folder and the gpxpatch folder in the mod subfolder.
If I change the values in the mod subfolder nothing changes.
If I change the values in the main folder the number for fuel shows up correct in the GPXSET
session settings, however not ingame.
My best guess would be that it could be down to the odd way you're running your game, by using CSM merely to install the mod. The 2 lots of settings could be conflicting with each other somehow. But then, if you've changed it in both lots of files at the same time, you'd expect it to work, so I don't know really...

Can you explain one thing to me?
how do you replace a modded exe with original one if CSM declines it?
i read it in your csm thread but would still like to know step by step simplified as possible incase that happens again ...
Well, you just need an original v9.6 no-cd (ie decrypted) gp4.exe, that you haven't used tweaker with. So what I do is, when I want to use CSM, I rename the .exe I have been using to something like gp4normal.exe, and then drop in a clean gp4.exe. When I've finished with CSM, I rename the clean gp4.exe something like gp4csm.exe and then rename the gp4normal.exe to just gp4.exe.

But really, the best thing to do is not to do what you're doing! :) Just use CSM to load the mod and then restore it - it's much less hassel :)

I see. Thanks.
About my way:
when I found about the patches and mods - just half a year ago and I had the game for 3years- I had no idea how to use stuff. I read about it then, but when I followed the usual steps, the NOCD didn't work. I put it in the folder, but to no effect.

So I tried it differently,(edit: I should mention the manual in portuguese which was of great help. Luckily it had step by step pictures how to install ZAZ tools)
fresh install of GP4
gpxpatch3.92
then ZAZ tools
and CSM asks you to choose the decrypted and when you pick the normal exe it says it's not(obviously),but then it has a great feature of asking you if you want to download nocd&official patch (and I found about that completely randomly, trial and error process)
You press yes and it works.
Then the mods etc.
I didn't use wadupdater nor team editor so I manually installed a certain new car in the right gpsaves place of an existing mod.

When using CSM for playing the game I found I got less fps for some reason (maybe my antivirus program was messing with it), and had lots of problems with not restoring properly, didn't know know enough about it.

Also I it find easier to edit perfomance files w/o CSM and choosing different physics (still don't know why the certain parts of gpxset is "locked" in the CSM's gpxpatch settings of the mod, so you can't really uncheck it through there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 07:18PM by BAR#10.
n00binio ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alter the fuel consumption in the magic data. i
> think bots only pit according to their strategy
> not when they run out of fuel

no they pit when having 2.0 or less fuel at the start of any lap
I tryed with 60% value in 18 laps race yesterday but they ran out on last lap after the pitstops

PЯuИNИ

[prunn.wordpress.com]
prunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n00binio ecrit:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > alter the fuel consumption in the magic data. i
> > think bots only pit according to their strategy
> > not when they run out of fuel
>
>
> no they pit when having 2.0 or less fuel at the
> start of any lap
> I tryed with 60% value in 18 laps race yesterday
> but they ran out on last lap after the pitstops

Decrease the value for fuel consumption in the magic data
for AI.
EDIT: I've just noticed you're asking about something little bit more specific and don't know the answer actually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 06:18PM by BAR#10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy