Lo2k at your service (wip)

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: Lo2k at your service (poll)
Date: July 01, 2008 10:58AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well well, so everything looks fine.
It's time to work now :)

@gildoorf: could you explain me a little your idea about 3D basic stuff ?
I can add an assistant for jipmapping but I don't quite see what I could bring to create other items (but importing them from another scene/track).

Date: July 01, 2008 12:12PM
Posted by: Enzojz
5. DWF import/export with normals.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: July 01, 2008 12:22PM
Posted by: Marko
I would also like to see the option that Enzojz suggested. :)
Date: July 01, 2008 12:29PM
Posted by: SdG

at least "best line from CC-LINE"

ciao
SdG
Date: July 01, 2008 01:37PM
Posted by: Gigi4
Nice idea
Date: July 01, 2008 02:41PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Seems I missed the Lo2K referendum:), anyway would have voted for 5.
I second fongu and vesuvius, an updated gpxpatch' TV timing would be so niiiiice to see. And if the live timing (when you press 9) would have colored green numbers for personal best and purple for overall best sector, that would have been great as well.
Date: July 01, 2008 03:32PM
Posted by: GPGAMES
Date: July 01, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
There's no use voting guys, the poll's finished. ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 01, 2008 03:56PM
Posted by: raulongo
So can I vote to 3.14159265358979.... ¿?¿??¿

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: July 01, 2008 04:50PM
Yep, you can :)

I sent guides changes to Maverick so it's up to him to give you news about it from now on.

Re: Lo2k at your service (poll is closed)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:09PM
Posted by: Ruboy
.gp4 to .col as my partners ;-) it could save so much time and make tracks much more realistic :)

Date: July 02, 2008 02:58AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there:

About 3D basic stuff.

on dat+gp4 environment, it would be possible add an object by selecting sector range, and this object would be positioned as fence builder does.

As Pitbuilding has exactly 33 sectors, so it would be an automatic command. Result would be 11 garages, with 3 surfaces as walls (side and back), one as roof and one as floor.

The same procedure to brake markers and S/F bridges or Grandstands, etc.

Every new 3d object would be created on a dat+gp4 environment, and all would be managed by dat file.

I´m sorry I can´t explain any better with this poor english.

@Enzojs: About DWF import/export with normals.

It´s possible on early Autocad version export a drawing as 3ds. From 2007 version to newer versions, it´s not possible anymore, but one can simply import Legacy Autocad drawings on a 3dsmax platform. I´ve been doing this since Dubai, sucessfully.

Cheers you all. I´ve out for sometime, but hopefully private business has turned my life easier now :)

Date: July 02, 2008 03:17PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
1 more suggestion, not sure if this is possible, but it would be a nice addition.

The ability to have the finish line earlier than the start line, such as at magny-cours and imola for example

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 02, 2008 09:47PM
@Schueyfan : You guessed it : it's not possible afaik.

Date: July 03, 2008 07:55PM
I really wonder why you asked me that feature ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 07:56PM by Lo2k.
Date: July 03, 2008 07:59PM
Posted by: TTM
Hmmm, i probably dreaming. ;) Or... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 08:00PM by TTM.
Date: July 03, 2008 08:12PM
And a few minutes later (time used to ungroup some parts and to rename them) :

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 08:30PM by Lo2k.
Date: July 03, 2008 08:15PM
Just noticing something : aren't side lines supposed to behave like a hard surface ? (they are incorrectly set to grass in my pics, but are set as tarmac in original files)
It would make driving harder anyway.

Date: July 03, 2008 08:26PM
Posted by: Ruboy
:o a dream comes true :)

I think the side lines should have tarmac behaviour by default...grass behaviour is surely wrong.

Btw, don't know if it is important as you seem to developpe this feature right now, but when subdividing .col faces the list on the left always is being refreshed and the very first face is selected and one of keeps his ID and the two new ones are added at the very and of the list with high IDs...that's pretty annoying because when I have more than 5000 faces of a type (f.e. grass) and I want to subidivide 10 faces, let's say from 6877 to 6886 I always hav to scroll a long time to find the correct face and when I change the bahaviour some faces are in the middle of the list and some at the very end because they have different IDs.

Maybe you could do someting on the face managment, for example adjusting the nummeration of the faces and keeping the previously subdivied face selected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 08:32PM by Ruboy.
Date: July 03, 2008 08:27PM
They will have tarmac behaviour by default when they will be created with "track from .dat feature" but not with original track as side lines are parts of verge objects.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy