Extracting music from gp4

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Extracting music from gp4
Date: June 27, 2008 08:38AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Hi guys,

Its been a few yrs since I have been here. After I lost my installation of files and my inability to stay updated during post secondary school, for the most part I forgot all about Gp4. Recently after driving carts with my friends, I began thinking about the game that gave the best feel of F1 with the best AI in a racing game ever again. :) I used to tinker soo much, have a wicked installation with the best car shapes and so on. Anyways..now its all overwhelming. lol!

coming to the point..... I was checking out Gp4 again and I realised how much I miss the gp4 music. I have looked around...there are ways to replace the music...but can anyone please point me to a way of converting or extracting the sounds from the .st1 music files in gp4??

thanks,

AV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Re: Extracting music from gp4
Date: June 27, 2008 09:49AM
Posted by: fongu
try lo2k's tools if not speak to him or zaz on grandprixx.com/forum and see if they know.

Welcome back :)

Date: June 27, 2008 10:50AM
Posted by: LWC
you want this tool mate..

GP4 Music Editor

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2008 10:55AM by LWC.
Date: June 27, 2008 07:14PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
thanks for the link LWC...but that one doesn't let me extract the music from the existing .st1 files. It only allows me to replace that with other mp3 files.

Thanks Fongu. :) Great! I will try contacting them and see if they can tell me how to extract it. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy