Beginners Q about getting GP4 to run on XP

Posted by Toro Rosso 
Beginners Q about getting GP4 to run on XP
Date: June 26, 2008 10:23AM
Posted by: Toro Rosso
Hi all,

Complete beginner at GP4, trying to get it to run on my XP laptop. First time I managed to get as far as the black screen when loading, then nothing. Now it says I need to install DirectX 8.1 from the disk, which it appears to do, but then it says I still need it. Tried downloading 8.1 from net but won't work as I'm not running 2000 or ME. I did have the latest DirectX installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Re: Beginners Q about getting GP4 to run on XP
Date: June 26, 2008 11:18AM
Posted by: fongu
i don't understand what's going on, are you having problems installing it or running the game? Always use the latest directx which works fine.

Date: June 26, 2008 01:55PM
Posted by: msater
have u got:

Undecrypted gp4 1.02
GPxPatch 3.92

unessential things
ZaZ tools
2007 non csm mod
Date: June 26, 2008 10:56PM
Posted by: Toro Rosso
Thanks for replies. Gave up with laptop, but works on housemate's PC fine. Any recommendations for which joypad to use with GP4?
Date: June 26, 2008 11:29PM
Posted by: Excalibur
You need DirectX 9.0C to play GP4. It would be better if you attempt to play the game with recent mods or others ameliorations.

About joypads, there are hundreds that you can use. Just look for a D-one with 2 directionnal sticks (PS2 or Xbox 360 - like)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy