Couple small issues need resolving :-)

Posted by Redbull-Racing 
Couple small issues need resolving :-)
Date: June 17, 2008 12:30PM
Posted by: Redbull-Racing
Hi guys,

Have a couple small problems.

1. Driver 9,10,20,21 helmets dont change when i update them (they remain as 2001 BAR and Minardi instead of being RedBull and FI)

2. The (fantastic) BMW F1.08 works, but it flickers between a white texture and the real one in game...

3. When i download some tracks that are named something like: "hockenheim2006.wad" and "hockenheim.dat"... and then rename them to suit my game: hockenheim2001.wad & S1CT12.dat - they crash when i pause or escape during race.

any help would be great.

RR

Re: Couple small issues need resolving :-)
Date: June 17, 2008 12:32PM
Posted by: fongu
1. you need to update the cars folder in your gp4 directory
2. that's the problem with the car, wait for a better one
3. you need to open the wad and rename every file (but not the .tex files) to hockenheimxxxx.extension.

Date: June 17, 2008 12:38PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Use TSM for the tracks makes life easier and better for no crashes. You can use TSM even when you don't use a csm mod. Just load the tracks in TSM and you can use them with your own updated cars.wad
Date: June 17, 2008 12:41PM
thanks for the help guys, i dont like using TSM, i prefer to have my game setup fully customised to how i like it..

Fongu - can you please elaborate?

Date: June 17, 2008 12:44PM
if you unload the tracks you have back the originals. Its alot of work to rename all the files of tracks to make them work in a certain position. With TSM you just put it and put it in a profile, load it and you are done. Saves you alot of edit and changing names and then you don't know for 100 % sure if its going to work.
Date: June 17, 2008 01:53PM
Posted by: fongu
which point do i need to elaborate?

Date: June 17, 2008 01:54PM
Ah dont worry fongu i see what you mean :-)

thanks for the tips as always you guys are great!

oh and i took your advice, i finally see the value of TSM!

p.s cant wait for valencia!

Date: June 17, 2008 01:58PM
indeed it saves alot of time and its actually easy and one time work to add the track in TSM then you play around with profile load and unload them. If you want now monaco on first slot then you put monaco on slot one of your profile and load the single track. That works also you don't have to have a full list. The other track stay default then :-)
Date: June 17, 2008 03:53PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I don't think you need TSM to sovle that your tracks is crashing during pause or exit. Set debug level to high in GPxPatch, works for me. Although, I don't use CSM mods, maybe you do?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy