Engine sounds in 1988 mod

Posted by turkey_machine 
Engine sounds in 1988 mod
Date: June 10, 2008 05:32PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I played this mod a few times before my laptop drive went tits and fanny upwards, and found it slightly annoying that the engine sound used was a N/A V10 Honda (which didn't appear till the following year) as opposed to any of the miriad of N/A (or Turbo) V8 engines, or the Turbo V6 Honda / Ferrari. Take any Lotus lap in 1988 (YouTube) and apply that engine sound for the McLaren. It was the same engine, therefore the same sound. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Re: Engine sounds in 1988 mod
Date: June 11, 2008 03:45AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
The sounds in the original 88 mod were ok, but I looked around until I found some I liked better. Unfortunately, they are V-10 sounds as well.

Always thought the sounds in the 1986 mod were fairly good, though not as growling as they ought to be...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: June 11, 2008 07:03AM
Posted by: dkpioe
there were nice sound updates made for the original 88 mod, on gp4italia i think, and old downloads in this website. they were based off sound samples from turbo f1 cars.
Date: June 11, 2008 03:10PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Still the turbo sounds are sounding pants in GP4.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy