Leeching

Posted by dtaylor_9 
Leeching
Date: June 04, 2008 01:35PM
Posted by: dtaylor_9
I think its all getting a bit pathetic, people arguing over whose work is whose, and who decides if a mod is leeched or not? What right do they have to decide whether or not someones hard work can be released or not. As long as nobody has actually copyrighted their work its technically legal for anyone to use that work to create a mod without permission, its just courtesy to ask, and to mention names. All the argueing and bitching is destroying the game for the rest of us and the talented people who make the mods - why cant we all just work together to create a descent mod?
Re: Leeching
Date: June 04, 2008 01:52PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
this thread is only just going to get closed before it all kicks off like the other 1

Date: June 04, 2008 02:37PM
Posted by: Enzojz
Well, all my works are copyrighted, I built them.

certificated that you are not a creator.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: June 04, 2008 05:25PM
Posted by: n00binio
i have never seen any work which was not copyrighted
Date: June 04, 2008 06:22PM
Enzojz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, all my works are copyrighted, I built them.
>
> certificated that you are not a creator.

No im not a creater, but I do work for trading standards, all the work ive seen is copyrighted, but I do hope you realise that writing copyright somewhere on the form is not legally binding, I personally cannot see everyone who creates anything for this game having legally binding copyrighted work.
Date: June 04, 2008 06:45PM
Posted by: n00binio
i think the question if the copyright is legally binding would be answered different depending on the country you live in. and tbh i think that questioning the standards that have been set over the years could do more damage to the community than than the things you want to change
Date: June 04, 2008 07:06PM
n00binio Wrote:
> i think the question if the copyright is legally
> binding would be answered different depending on
> the country you live in. and tbh i think that
> questioning the standards that have been set over
> the years could do more damage to the community
> than than the things you want to change

well i dont, personally i think the community is close to being destroyed anyway, theres only so much the mod makers will take being called leechers and having their work removed
Date: June 04, 2008 07:33PM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
dtaylor_9 Wrote:
> Personally i think the community is
> close to being destroyed anyway..

Well you aren't helping at all..
I suggest you to stop talking @#$%& about this, cause leeching has been, is, and will always be forbidden here. No matter what one thinks..

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Date: June 04, 2008 07:50PM
Posted by: Sapo
dtaylor_9 schreef:
All the argueing and bitching is
> destroying the game for the rest of us and the
> talented people who make the mods - why cant we
> all just work together to create a descent mod?

Damn right you are, but leeching (making a mod without permission from certain authors) will also "destroy" the game on long term, because it will keep modders from making new additions to the game, as they don't get the credits they deserve anymore.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: June 04, 2008 08:22PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Yes, I think the question of copyrights depends on the country you live to...
But I think that people who don't want to share their work who don't want to give their authorizations should keep it out of a public community. I don't know exactly what means a "leecher". People who first created a mod based their work on the original game. Should they be treated as "leechers"?
I used to make a 2008 mod based on personnal work, other people creations (whom I ask authorization ) and original GP4 game but I won't release it because I would be treated as a leecher, too... And I think it's a pity for all the community.

As said above and to respect people's work,you should be able to "make" a mod by mentionning names without permission because there is no aim to say:"I created a mod of my own" (excepted developers from the original GP4 game) and also because these people didn't create their game from A to Z.

Into my personal work, I used templates wich are not mines, tracks and a game wich is not mine,tools from Lo2k, too.

Anyway, I think it's just a state of mind to be in a community: you have to be respectful and thankful for other people's work. You also have to share your knowledges, your own work...Well, that's my personal point of view.

I can understand people who don't want to share their work or who don't want to give their authorization. So they just have to make a work for themselves.

Finally, I would thank all those contribute to keep GP4 alive and their fantastic work and special thanks to Jcaranti for his advices and help (you've got all my respect), Jithendra, John Warrington (for their sharing spirit),Laurent (LO2k) for his incredible tools and I forgot many and many people...

And sorry for my english ;op

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 08:29PM by Excalibur.
Date: June 04, 2008 10:06PM
Posted by: BeamingSauber07
Here we go again. Seriously, another thread on this? Agree with SilverBlaze. This community does a lot to prevent leeching. Shame that it's still so prevalent.

By opening a thread like this you're asking kind of a rhetorical question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 10:48PM by BeamingSauber07.
Date: June 05, 2008 12:51AM
Posted by: mortal
Thread closed due to complaints.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy