Sharing gp4cars with other people

Posted by neilcaine 
Sharing gp4cars with other people
Date: June 01, 2008 02:05PM
Posted by: neilcaine
I read a lot on this forum and others about people not wanting to share their car designs for various reasons (leeching is a popular term)and how people, who want to keep their gp4 game up to date, are always trying to find new cars. I'm no different,I've only recently found out how to install the new cars into the game and have downloaded any 2007 and updated 2008 cars which have been released and yes, I want the new sponsor logos like the Etihad for Ferrari rear wing, the wings for life on the Redbull or the Johnnie Walker on the side of the Mclaren rear wing but can't get them because no cars or liveries have been released and adding logos from the internet never looks as good as the properly mapped versions.To be honest if I knew how to make some of the fantastic looking cars you can see in the screenshot and render pages, I'd be thrilled to know people wanted to use them and its not like there is money involved. I've made my own JPS lotus car livery using an old Renault 2003 or 2004 car shape as i like having Senna in my game as well as the Lotus - its nothing like the amazing new cars you see here and so people probably wouldnt want it but i like it and anyone else would be welcome to it. I just can't see the point of not sharing all this great work - maybe i'm in the minority thinking like that???
Re: Sharing gp4cars with other people
Date: June 02, 2008 02:12AM
Posted by: mortal
People have their own personal reasons for not wanting to share, they cannot be forced to do it. Some may be part of a modding team, so when the full set of cars is done then they are made available. Or it is a W.I.P. as part of a season mod.
Personally I think that if people have no desire to share their work, it should not be posted in public until they do so.
You are probably not in the minority with your point of view. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 02, 2008 06:13AM
Posted by: mckey415
well, i'll answer from the other side of barricades for 1994 mod.
this is one the longest works on community i think and (i hope so) is very awaited. now we're moving towords release and showing wip screens and renders of our cars in 1994 mod thread to let people know about our progress. and we've recieved a lot of requests to release our new cars - like pacific or jordan. but we won't release any of them as separate packages. this is our position and we made it clear from the very beginning. if we would like just to create some 1994 cars - then every one of them would be released as a separate package (as it was in the very beginning when there was no idea of the mod yet). but our goal is to make a full mod and we don't want to see our cars in other compilations.
if something would go wrong with our mod i'm sure me and our team will make everything not to let our cars die on our hdds, to let them see the light. but as far as the idea of the mod is still actual we'll go on working and letting people know what we're doing. this is how it is. fair enough i think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: June 02, 2008 05:12PM
Posted by: SAMF1
why u want to do that?

Date: June 02, 2008 05:41PM
Posted by: n00binio
i´m glad some people take the time to create full mods instead of just rreleasing cars. saves me a lot of time ;) ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy