GP4 2008 season

Posted by don_jab 
Re: GP4 2008 season
Date: May 29, 2008 02:08AM
Posted by: mortal
you can upload images here [www.imageshack.us]
Use the html tags
That will load the image into your post.

Edit the topic of this thread to show you are looking for trackmaker help. ie: GP4 2008 season W.I.P Trackmaker help wanted please.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 02:10AM by mortal.
Date: May 29, 2008 07:02PM
Posted by: don_jab
hey jcaranti, you sent me a message, i tried to reply but it says your inbox is full

Guys i will be uploading the screenshots later today,

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 07:03PM by don_jab.
Date: May 29, 2008 07:27PM
hi, i need a very detailed track making user guide as i have never made a whole circuit myself, just edited. I am going to start with Singapore street circuit and need a good user guide and links to the utilities/editors i need. I've tried the gp4builder user guide from lo2k but i cant follow that guide, dont know how to start a new track.

ALSO, I CAN PROVIDE A LAP OF NEW MONACO (VIDEO) IF ITS EASY TO MAKE, HOW DO YOU MAKE GP4 VIDEOS?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 07:50PM by don_jab.
Date: May 29, 2008 07:54PM
Posted by: paranoik0
You can't start a new circuit, you need to edit one of the original ones as a base. I'd recommend one with many cameras! (although I've had problems with s1ct01, which is Melbourne).
Date: May 29, 2008 08:19PM
Posted by: n00binio
hockenheim is always a good choice as base
Date: May 29, 2008 08:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
don_jab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ALSO, I CAN PROVIDE A LAP OF NEW MONACO (VIDEO) IF
> ITS EASY TO MAKE, HOW DO YOU MAKE GP4 VIDEOS?
>
> Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Rad Game Tools. It manages .bik files and other things.
Its also converts files from .avi to .bik

Cheers :)
Date: May 30, 2008 03:28AM
how is the video actually recorded? just tell me how its recorded then i will have a lap of the edited monaco on asap, thanks people
Date: May 30, 2008 03:39AM
Posted by: rosberg91
you need to fraps to capture videos from gp4 anyway you can use gpxpacth (f11) to take screenshoots of your new cars and tracks ....... :-)
and if you need some help let me know I will be glad to give you an hand also two ......:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2008 03:40AM by rosberg91.
Date: May 30, 2008 08:44AM
Posted by: Briere
rosberg91 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you need to fraps to capture videos from gp4
not true ;)
[emac.sportplanet.gamespy.com]

I do the "post-capturing" process a little differently, but you get the point :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2008 08:45AM by Briere.
Date: May 30, 2008 12:39PM
Posted by: airefresco
If nobody has any objections, I´ll make the CSM file for a 2008 mod. Basically just all the relevant .ini files and directories for a mod. There will be no cars, helmets or anything. As new files are released, you will simply just have to copy the files to the correct folder. So for example if say the Canada version of the Williams was released then you would just have to put the files in GPSAVES\CARSETS\2008MOD\DATA\CARS\WILLIAMS\CANADA\

Similar things for Helmets and other files. I´ll do a little tutorial to explain how and where to copy everything.

There can be no complaints about leaching, because it´s just a blank mod, so there´s no files to leach.

Also saves DON Jab having to create a CSM file, because he can use this one if he wants.

If anyone has a problem with this, can you please speak up now, before I do all the work on this.
Date: May 30, 2008 12:43PM
Posted by: mortal
That's a great idea, you go right ahead with that.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 30, 2008 12:44PM
Posted by: fongu
I'd say go for it airefresco, I suggested the same thing to Jorge a few months ago, but he disagreed, but I think its a good option when there are very few cars currently - just note if you're using teh same layout/codes to tony, jcaranti, erik or whoever, do mention them in the read me :)

Date: May 30, 2008 12:47PM
Posted by: airefresco
I was just going to see how they do things. So I suppose in a way I will be similar to them. I´ll PM them anyway, even if I don´t use there work, at least I know there will be no problems
Date: May 30, 2008 12:52PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Great idea :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: May 30, 2008 12:57PM
well the codes won't be too different, but tony in particular has worked closely with Zaz to take it as far as it can, so you're likely to use much of the same coding, but just don't forget that they put a lot of work in to do it first :)

Date: May 30, 2008 01:19PM
Posted by: drafi5
Great idea, airefresco, I hope there will be no problems.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: May 30, 2008 02:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I already have an agreement with don_jab for me to do csm.
Infact i already did the csm of 2008 mod.
Basically it was going to be a combination of my stuff with his.
And the mod could be out quicker.

Also the 2007 csm mod will be re released very soon with a lot of improvements.

Bye :)
Date: May 30, 2008 04:03PM
hey jcaranti, did you get my last pm?

And regarding Airfresco's blank CSM mod, i'm not too familiar with using CSM. I just use the design tools to design different things and update wads or just overwrite files, thats the way it works best for. If CSM works better then someone needs to help start using it as i have never used it.

Regarding the video sample i want to give, i didnt quite understan what you meant by frap. As soon as i know how it is done i can give you all a taster of my 2008 mod just to see what you think of it and what needs to be better...please help!!

thanks
Re: GP4 2008 season - singapore street
Date: May 30, 2008 04:06PM
Hey anyone got a high definition image of singapore street track so i can started with the layout. I've got all of the technical land details and track features, just need a good high quality image
Re: GP4 2008 season - singapore street
Date: May 30, 2008 04:42PM
Kimi-The-Champ already has a working beta up at gpgames.eu if you wanted to help him... otherwise google earth?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy